Past

3 months ago

We've been friends for 6 months, but it felt we've known each other before.

Everytime I watched her house, she wasn't there. Her friend told me she is back to work. I sometimes talk to her aunt, knowing some things about her.

How cringey I could be, but I wish sooner or later, we could meet up again. I want to see her more.

"Shin-chan, lunch is ready," Granny called. I cleaned myself up and went inside.

"So how are you with (your name)?," she started.

"We still keep in touch but haven't met up. I understand she is also busy but it's kinda lonely," I said sadly looking down at my food.

She just smiled and patted me.

"Why not meet up soon? I bet she missed you too. You two should have notice right?," she asked standing up.

"What do you mean 'notice' gran?," I asked looking at her body walking towards the living room.

"So you haven't notice or remember? Does this toy still ring a bell?," she asked showing an old Teddy bear.

"Isn't that the bear I have when I was younger?," I asked.

"It wasn't yours dear. It was (your name)'s. Both of you knew each other before," she smiled.

"Then that means, she was that kid who I played with?," I asked walking towards her.

She nodded and showed me a photo album.

"This album is full of you and her pictures when you're younger. Your parents and her parents  were classmates before. They would always meet up with them. Bringing both of you together to get along. But sadly she moved out due to their company," she smiled remembering that day.

"I'm sure she knew since she was checking this shelf. And this bear was just displayed," she said.

"I can see both of you are destined. It may be fictional, but both of you have a very strong bond," she stood up and placed the album and bear back to the shelf.

"Why not visit her Shin? She isn't busy right now,".

"How come you knew gran?," I asked." I asked her number for some purposes.

I smiled and went towards her, I hugged her.

"Thank you gran. For being with me from the very start," I stated.

She rubbed my back and broke the hug.
"Go visit her. I'll just stay here and rest," she said and started walking upstairs.

"Bye gran. See you later," I closed the door and walked towards her house.

I saw her reading a book in her balcony, peacefully. Oh how much I missed this sight.

"Excuse me! Is (your name) here?," I asked her.

She looked at me surprised.
"Have you been there Kita? Come in," she went down stairs and open the door.

"It's been so long huh? How are you?," she asked placing the tea in front of me. I thanked her and replied.

"A bit busy taking care of the farm. But I knew something new today," I smiled.

She looked at me confused.
"And what is this new?," she asked.

I smiled and placed my tea back.

"I remember now. Thanks to gran," I said.

"You were that kid I played for 4 and half years. It's been so long, (your name)-chan," I said.