Chapter 8: Sprites

After a rather eventful afternoon, Lu decided to put off all that had happened so far. His primary concern as of the moment was receiving an employment from anyone that was willing to put up with his conditions.

As things were, dinner was looking quite impossible, given the money he had left. There being only a few hours left until night falls, he thought to resort to another relatively easy bounty so that at the very least something was on the menu tonight, though of course if things go south a night at an inn was always the priority.

Lu returns to the town hall, and once again couldn't help but drool as he envied the people who were feasting on delicacies.

"Why does the government building look like a big time restaurant anyway!" He complained, prying himself away from the sight reluctantly and strayed headstrong toward the quest board.

Amidst the distracting smell of the freshly fired food, he was browsing through the thick accumulation of pinned papers, then a familiar figure passed by. The blonde desk lady.

"Oh there you are!" she called out to him with a smile.

"You were expecting me?" Lu asked. Seeing the entirety of the desk lady's figure for once, he realized that she looked more of a head waitress rather than someone who processed files. He wouldn't really be surprised if she did serve the customers in the tavern part of the town hall.

"Well, one could say that. I was just about to post this up and recalled you saying that you didn't have any means to earn currency. I'm not saying that I'm assuming you can't though!" she laughed. "Anyway, I suppose you would want to see this" she held out a piece of paper to him.

Lu looked at her with a little more respect after hearing about her ability to remember what someone said to her, even if it was only yesterday, considering the number of people that she has met over that short period of time.

He read the contents of the freshly inked paper and wondered why the document was in english. In fact, all he has read so far was english, and it was only now that he realize it.

The desk lady explained, "A delivery commision just came up. It was an adventurer in the city of Craih, our neighboring in the far west. He sent a letter to us saying they need medicine for the sick. This endeavor might be dangerous, but is worth more than just the life of the people you might save"

Lu was reading the bottom part when she finished, and quickly understood what she meant. The reward for completion was 1,000 credits, and he had to squint twice to confirm if his eyes were not deceiving him.

"As you can see the reward is quite handsome. All of the bounties that requires its hunters to go outside the gates are all sky high. I recommend you take this one before someone else does, as what happens with all other outside bounties".

Lu nodded, "Thanks, tavern lady" he said in acknowledgement. He sees that she wasn't just suggesting him to take the commisssion just because she runs good business from it, but also because sick people were suffering as they speak and wanted to aid them. Lu felt this urgency as well, however his logical side gets the better of him, just as it does most of the time.

"How do I get paid?" He asked.

"I take it that you accept it then?" She asked back. Her eyes and lips that stretched into a smile tells Lu that she can also talk business just as much.

Lu sighed then smiled back. "Well, one could say that" he teased her with her own expression from earlier.

"Thank you for your cooperation. I was right to approach you, after all. You have to get back here to get paid, along with a token that will serve as your proof. I will be back to tell you after we have set preparations, and thank you too for your patience" she said.