10 - family

Bentley Reid

"Fred not, my intrepid crime fighters. You're no longer flying blind into the silver state. I have matched our mysterious searcher's I.P. Address to a business in Reno that tours itself as a "private security firm," and its christened Castle Security." Garcia informs us.

Right now, we're on our way to Reno, Nevada, we'll, some of us are. Tara, Emily, and Garcia all stayed behind to work on the case there since this case is ubiquitous. We're heading to Nevada to catch an old unsub by the name of 'The Chamaeleon', or also known as Everett Lynch.

"Says here the company is owned and operated by Orlando Gaines. What a piece of work." Matt chuckles.

"He's a former Concord Bay narcotics coo who spent 5 years in prison for selling police-confiscated drugs." Luke states.

"It looks like 8 months ago, his company received a wire transfer for $25,000 from an offshore account connected to our old friend, Arthur Terrell." Tara says over the computer call.

"Terrell was still alive back then." JJ says as Spencer taps my hand with his pen and I give him a smile.

"He was, but that account has since transferred into the hands of an Edward Myles, and Mr. Myles is turning out to be very elusive." Emily says.

"Yeah, 'cause although that could be a likely alias for Mr, Lynch, that name isn't popping up anywhere in Reno." Garcia says.

"JJ, Luke, Matt, check in with RenoPD, also our FBI field office. Dave, Spence, and Bent, see if you can get a sit-down with Orlando Gaines." Emily instructs us before hanging up on the computer.

+

"Damn." I mutter, pulling my blazer tightly around me as the wind sharply stings my skin.

On the floor is Delvin Weaver, shot with what seems like a whole magazine.

"That is what they call overkill." Rossi mutters and I nod in agreement.

"At least 14 gunshot wounds, which suggests the killer reloaded, and then followed up with 47 stab wounds." Spencer informs us.

"Yeah, this is Roberta's handiwork." I say.

"Doesn't take an expert to recognize that all this violence is most likely rooted in her own history of victimization." Spencer sighs, standing up from the couch he was sitting on.

"But the overall message? That's for her son. He took Grace from her, so she's taking away his father from him." JJ states.

"Basically denying whatever answer he thought he might be able to salvage from their reunion." Rossi says.

"But when Lynch finds out about this, it'll just confirm what he already suspects about his fathers violent past, and that could help us because of killing Grace did trigger some sort of terrible memory, he might try to suppress whatever urges make him feel like his dad." Spence says.

"He might even try to prove that to himself by fostering a surrogate for Grace, like Olivia Irwin. I'll check in with Luke and Matt.

+

"I can't believe we're even considering this. We can't negotiate with a sociopath." JJ disagrees.