11-20

Transmigrated Senior Martial Brother 11

by Bean · December 8, 2018

White Fox

The Square market was composed of an inner market and an outer market. The inner market was controlled by the major sects and had comparatively more formal shops that sold precious medicinal pellets and weapons. While at the outer market cultivators sold their wares in a disorderly fashion as they pleased.

The effects of the items in the inner market were guaranteed, but they required awfully many spirit stones. The items sold in the outer market were cheaper, but were, in contrast, rather chaotic. One could spend a lot of spirit stones and only buy a piece of trash, but one could also buy invaluable treasures without spending any spirit stones at all. To buy items in the outer market one required a keen sense of sight and application of Qi.

However, in general, most cultivators preferred to shop in the outer market. Firstly because they’d spend fewer spirit stones and secondly because they all had thoughts of picking up missing treasures in mind. Most of the items sold at the outer market were found by cultivators in the Misty Ridge or at other treasure locations. Sometimes they themselves didn’t know their value, so inevitably some precious items were sold off to other cultivators.

Qin Mo slowly strolled through the outer market stopping from time to time to carefully survey the tops of roadside booths.

On top of these stalls were all one might need; there were medicinal pellets, there were spirit tools, and there were all kinds of bizarre items from the realm of cultivation.

However, he was somewhat disappointed. After looking for so long, he still hadn’t seen anything he wanted to buy. He’d always been an individual with an arbitrary nature; doing things according to his mood, buying things according to what caught his eye.

In his heart, he faintly sighed. It seemed that this time it had been in vain. Putting down the item in his hand, he tidied his clothes and turned, preparing to leave.

Having barely walked some three steps away, he suddenly felt a sting at the sole of his foot. Lowering his head, he caught sight of a spire-like object beneath him and at once reached out to pick it up.

Just clasping it in his hand, Qin Mo immediately felt his spirit power quickly flow through his Dantian. Qin Mo, having never encountered such a situation before, was quite startled and hastily suppressed the spirit power within his body. Only then did he have the opportunity to carefully inspect the item.

The spire-like object had four sides, each of which was in the shape of a regular triangle, engraved with an unusual pattern. Unable to make out what it depicted, Qin Mo couldn’t help but extend a hand to trace its surface. The decorative pattern was glossy and smooth, giving no indications as to the method used to inscribe it.

Noticing the object in Qin Mo’s hand the cultivator on his side spoke up: “Taoist companion, this is a treasure containing cultivation secrets. I found it while passing through the Ancient Hidden territory. I only ask for 300 lower grade spirit stones!”

Hearing this, Qin Mo’s brow wrinkled slightly. Nevertheless, he knew that the Ancient Hidden territory indeed had many good items within it. Could it be this object really did conceal hidden secrets? However, merely the fact that it caused irregularities in his spirit power made him unsure of whether to buy it.

Seeing Qin Mo’s furrowed brows, the cultivator was under the impression that the price he’d asked was far too expensive and felt guilty. This item had indeed been one he himself had taken from the Ancient Hidden territory, but it was quite strange. No matter what he’d used, whether he hacked at it with a sword or set it ablaze, it remained unchanged and in the end, he had no choice but to give up. Simultaneously, he too felt that it was just a piece of worthless garbage.