3 - Wild Things

--Emilia's Pov--

Saturdays were my favorite. Mostly because I didn't work on Saturdays but because everything seemed so calm. Especially when I took my afternoon walk.

I left around the same time (4 pm) taking my usual way on the trail in the woods. I had my earbuds in with my playlist on shuffle, Make Me Wanna Die by The Pretty Reckless being the first song that played much to my enjoyment. Funny thing though, when I left my room I could have sworn I saw an eye on the wall in my peripheral vision and when I looked there was nothing there.

Mind's playing tricks on me, probably.

As I walked down the dirt path, covered by leaves and twigs, I thought about Tara. How she would always take this trail to and from work. Our walks, on Saturdays, on this trail were the best. Maybe that's why I walk it everyday.

To feel closer or to see what her last moments could have been like.

I kept following the trail left, bringing my phone out to change the song. As my eyes remained on the screen, I bumped into someone and pulled one of my earbuds out.

"I'm so sorry." I said, looking at the person I bumped into then smiled when I saw Billie.

"It's okay." Billie said, looking me up and down.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked, confused.

"Walking helps me clear my mind. I guess it does for you too?"

I laughed, "Yeah. Wanna walk with me?"

Billie's smile fell as she looked around before answering, "sure."

--No-one's Pov--

They walked in silence, the leaves crunching under their weight. After sharing quick glances at each other, Emilia decided to speak up.

"I don't see you around outside much."

Billie laughed, "what's wrong with that?"

"Nothing."

"I prefer being out at night. Something about the moonlight that soothes me."

"Ah. You're not a vampire are you?" Emilia said with a laugh. Billie joined in laughter.

"No. 100 percent...human."

"Hmm. That pause is very reassuring."

Emilia couldn't help but smile after hearing that deep rumble of laughter Billie let out. She was beautiful, she's not denying that.

"So. What made you move up here to sleepy hollow?" Emilia joked.

Billie let out a chuckle, "just some stuff."

"Like what?"

"A personal matter. I really don't wanna get into it."

Emilia hummed and fell silent. She didn't want to ask, so she left it alone. She figured Billie probably lost someone she loved...she knew what that was like. She could tell the tension was a little thick so she broke the ice.

"I lost someone too."

Billie looked at the other girl, too stunned to even get a word out. The only thing she did was look ahead as they continued to walk. From her peripheral vision she saw Emilia look at her.

Emilia looked at Billie and saw that her demeanor changed entirely. "I'm sorry," she said, earning a look from her. "I know that probably wasn't the appropriate thing to say."

"It's fine."

"She was my best friend, since we were in diapers you know?"

"I have a friend, well two. They've been by my side for a long time. I had to leave them behind though."