10 - Old Friends

--No-one's Pov--

"How?" Billie asked.

"He was murdered, found in the next town over. News said he was shot three times in the chest and once in the head." Zoe replied.

As soon as those words were spoken, Billie dropped her bag and ran out of the house as fast as she could; ignoring Finneas, who was calling out her name. She ran straight for the woods, not exactly knowing where she was going.

She ran along the trail, jumping over the occasional branch; breathing heavily due to the strain she's doing on her lungs. Practically wheezing, she stopped to lean against the large oak tree Emilia brought her to; resting her forehead against it, trying to catch her breath.

She thought about Elijah, how she was kind of relieved he was dead but deep down...she was upset. Not that she could admit it to anyone. She turned around, her back against the trunk of the tree, and slid down to sit on the ground.

Out of all the shit he and his brother put them through, she had every right to be a bit happy about his death; but surely she wasn't forgetting what he did for her, what both of them did for her.

*flashback, 3 years ago*

A blue haired Billie ran through the woods as she was chased on foot by a couple of hunters.

"Get the bitch!"

She tripped over a root and rolled down the very steep hill, feeling mud and dirt stain her clothes and skin. She groaned out as she tried to move her arm which was burning due to the pain. She couldn't turn now, regretting the decision to come out alone tonight.

"Over here!" One of the hunters yelled as he aimed his gun at her.

Her heart jumped in panic as she tried to crawl away only to stop when she heard yelling and growling followed by the silenced gunshots. She looked up to see one of the hunters being thrown down with her, throat ripped out barely hanging on by a thin string of flesh.

She saw the Bells looking down at her, Elijah carefully going down the hill to help her up.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

The brothers killed the two hunters; braving the hellfire of silver bullets just to protect the younger O'Connell.

She nodded, letting herself be led to a few other pack members who were happy to see she was alive. She remembered the look on their faces when they looked at her, the familiar feeling coming back; trust.

It wasn't until the brothers went rogue and killed a few campers that the alphas cast them out. She was lucky enough her actions didn't affect her family like that.

*End flashback*

Trying to fight the tears threatening to spill, she failed. They came down hard as she rested her forehead against her arms.

She didn't want them dead. She wasn't one to kill humans...except for the only two that she did kill, and that hurt her.

It hurt to know what she was capable of, what kind of monster she can be. And there was no denying it; she and her family and everyone like her were monsters in someone's eyes but she was a different story.

After her father died, or in this case was murdered, she was borderline rabid. Angry, depressed. So unchained she lashed out at everyone and everything and it got to the point where it was so bad that her own family had to keep her locked in the basement of their old house for the humans' safety.

She prayed everyday of her life that she never stooped that low again.

Then here came the Bells. Trying to kill Emilia, Elijah claiming they were ordered...but why? That question lingered hard on her mind.