-5-

But junkyu continued with his explanation.

Junkyu: and, i'll admit. I didn't exactly like you back then, since you were better than me and were always on my tail, following me for some reason. 

Doyoung: now what does that have anything to do with you liking me?

Junkyu: SHHHH DON'T INTERRUPT! Its the backstory. ANYWAYS, when you and i both debuted, i didn't know how exactly to feel. You didn't exceed me this time. But we were on the same level. So i was still competitive. But the more we lived together, the more i realized you had changed from being that dedicated and passionate dancer to a much more cheerful person who was a spark of flame lighting up the dark. It was nice seeing you always smile and make others smile no matter how down they felt. But when you felt sad, it felt like the whole world tore apart. 

Doyoung: that doesn't exactly answer my question but i'm thankful and appreciative that you thought of me like that. I'll wait till you can find an actual reason. 

Junkyu felt guilty for some reason. Not because he didn't love doyoung. He did. To the moon and back. But because he had to make him wait till he actually realized the reason.

Doyoung got up. 

Doyoung: lets jog back?

Junkyu nodded and they started jogging back. 

They entered the dorm to find jaehyuk sitting on the sofa, sipping his banana milk. He eyed them suspiciously.

Jaehyuk: now...is it just me or the two of you are spending more time with each other than usual?

Jeongwoo appeared from the kitchen with his own strawberry milk.

Jeongwoo: I know right...

Doyoung: w-what's wrong with strengthening bonds?

Jaehyuk: nothing. But when its the two of you, its unusual.

Junkyu: why? Sure, we were awkward. But this is more why we should strengthen our bonds. what are you suspicious about..?

Jeongwoo: not suspicious...it's just...odd.

Doyoung and junkyu glanced at each other and shrugged. 

Asahi walked into the room.

Asahi: okay so jihoon hyung, yoshi hyung and hyunsuk hyung are planning on visiting the beach. With all of us. 

Jaehyuk: oof i can finally show my abs. That's a brilliant idea.

They all looked at him with judging looks.

Doyoung: ...moving on. That's a good idea!

Junkyu: when are we going?

Asahi: tomorrow. It's on an island. So it's kind of a trip. Come to the other living room. They'll tell you.

The treasure members all collected in the second living room.

Yedam: so...what's this about?

Jihoon: so hyunsuk hyung, I and yoshi were talking about going for a road trip. To an island.

Junghwan: ooh! That sounds fun.

Hyunsuk: so y'all are up for it?

The members shared looks of approval.

Haruto: definitely. 

Soon enough it was morning. The members dragged themselves out of the beds, with less effort than usual. They were all looking forward to the trip. 

They all packed their bags and collected near the entrance.

Yoshi: okay so we will be divided in three cars, with four members in each. Since jihoon hyung, hyunsuk hyung and I are the only ones who can drive, three of you will be with each of us. 

They sorted themselves out in teams for the cars. Hyunsuk, doyoung, junkyu and mashiho were together. Yoshi, haruto, junghwan and jeongwoo in another. Lastly, jihoon, asahi, jaehyuk and yedam were in another team. 

Hyunsuk sat in the driver's seat and doyoung on his right (A/N: in Korea, the driver's seat is on the left) while junkyu sat behind hyunsuk, mashiho beside junkyu. 

Hyunsuk turned on his speaker and they were jamming to songs. Doyoung accidentally looked at junkyu and mashiho through the rear mirror to find junkyu feeding mashiho and babying him as usual. He averted his eyes with clenched jaws. But he looked again. They were still being affectionate, as junkyu rubbed mashiho's chin and pinched his cheeks. Doyoung couldn't handle the jealousy and closed his eyes instead, resting his head back on his seat.

Doyoung: i can't expect him to stop being affectionate with mashiho. This is just one of the cons of being gay. He already emphasized his feelings for mashiho were over and he would have told me if they weren't.

As doyoung kept thinking, he fell asleep without realizing it. Hyunsuk looked to the right to find him asleep. He turned down the speaker. 

Junkyu: why?

Hyunsuk: shh doyoung is asleep.

He whispered. Junkyu saw doyoung from his seat. He looked peaceful and calm, breathing in a steady state. As he was sleeping, he softly snored. He looked adorable and junkyu wanted to cuddle him and squeeze his cheek. Unfortunate for him, hyunsuk brought his hand close to doyoung's face and caressed his cheek with the back of his fingers. 

Hyunsuk: haha so cute~

Junkyu just looked back and forth from hyunsuk to doyoung until he finally spoke.

Doyoung: h-hyung let him sleep!

Mashiho turned to look at junkyu in surprise, and hyunsuk did the same, through the rear mirror.

Hyunsuk: why are YOU getting so worked up?

Junkyu realized he might have spoken too soon. His jealousy got the best of him. He laughed it off nervously.

Junkyu: i'm not haha. I don't like being disturbed when i'm asleep. I assumed doyoung may feel the same. 

Hyunsuk and mashiho nod but were still confused.