Chapter 5

Author's Note: This chapter contains discussions of abuse and descriptions of injuries. Reader discretion is advised.

——

"And so you brought them here?" Amity huffed, voice laced with venom as she was alerted to her brother and sister's presence one room over.

"It was either that or leave them to fend for themselves and with the shape your sister is because of your parents, I doubt they would have made it very far," Luz sighed as she tried to reason with the girl. "Besides, they are of no threat right now. We put magic limiting glyphs on both of them and your brother's hands are bound."

"And my sister?" Amity questioned, still struggling with the idea of her siblings presence.

"She's in a bad way, kid," Eda said, referring to the injuries the eldest Blight daughter had sustained. "I doubt she'll have it in her to do anything anytime soon let alone be a threat."

"Fine," Amity sighed relenting, trusting Luz and Eda's judgement in allowing her sibling to stay. "Do you have any idea what they want? Or how they found us for that matter," Amity questioned as she met Luz's eyes, a look of inquisition and concern on her face.

"Not sure. We wanted to wait for you and Willow to get back before we started questioning the two," Luz sighed.

"Alright," Amity nodded as she stared at her partner, her gaze softening, "but we should probably go talk to them now. I'd like to this over with sooner rather than later.

"Okay, love," Luz nodded in agreement.

"Should we go get Boscha and the others?" Gus questioned before ushering to Willow.

"No," Luz said after thinking for a moment. "I think its best that if we keep it to just us and Eda and Lilith until we figure out what is going on."

"I agree," Amity spoke as she moved to walk towards the room her brother and sister occupied as the others stood to follow. As Amity walked to the room that held her siblings, what was normally a journey of but a few yards felt miles long as apprehension built in her stomach. It had been years since she last saw the twins, the final time having been the night she almost lost her life. Despite her hopes of the two one day joining her side, much to her dismay, the twins stayed in line with their parents and thus the Emperor. Heart growing cold after years spent apart, Amity vowed that the next time she saw them would be the day she and the rebellion took the emperor down.

As such, the twins sudden appearance back in her life under such vulnerable circumstances left the green haired witch on edge, wary of the intentions behind their presence. Slowly turning the handle to the door of the twin's room, Amity took a deep breath as she prepared to once again face her brother and sister.

"Amity..." Edric spoke, voice trailing as the door opened, his eyes meeting the girl standing in front of him.

Pausing for a moment, Amity took in the sight of her brother, face worn from exhaustion and aged by battle. Eyes trailing across the room, Amity took note of her sister laid up in bed, her arm and leg encased in plaster as she rested, her brow furrowed in pain. "Edric..." Amity finally responded as she took a seat, Luz and company following suit.

"You've really grown up, huh Amity?" Edric spoke softly as he stared at his younger sister, eyeing the scars that peaking out of the collar and sleeve of her shirt as his stomach knotted with guilt.

"Time and battle will do that to a person as I'm sure you know, but were not here for pleasantries, Edric," Amity scoffed as she momentarily broke eye contact with her brother, her eyes once again landing on her older sister. "Now tell me, what are you doing here? And be warned, if you even think of lying to me, I will end you here and now," Amity remarked, locking eyes with her brother, a cold glare on her face.