Chapter 7

Author's Note: This chapter contains depictions of blood, physical violence, strong language, and alcohol use. Reader discretion is advised.

——

"Amity!" Edric yelled as he pulled himself up from the rubble. "Amity what... what do I do?" the frightened witch cried, looking around as battle raged on around him, helpless and confused, his magic having been limited since arriving as an unwanted guest at the owl house.

"Shit..." Amity muttered under her breath, activating a fire glyph in her hand before turning to punch the face of an attacking guardsman. "Just... just go look after, Em!" the scarred witch shouted, turning her attention to her brother as her enemy fell to the floor. Seeing Edric nood before heading to protect their injured sister, Amity's mind quickly slipped to worry as the thought of what had prompted this attack quickly consumed her. "Fucking mole..." Amity muttered through a fit of anger under her breath as she continued to push back against the enemy, blood soon exiting the wounds she incurred in the process; whoever was working for her parents, this had to be their doing.

"Move!" Boscha shouted, shoving Amity out of the line of fire of several guardsmen who's relentless onslaught of attacks created crater after crater of damage to the already war-torn owl house. "Are you trying to get knocked back a third time or what?" Boscha scoffed as she quickly offered Amity a hand, pulling the girl from the ground who fired an ice glyph that whizzed past the triclop's face and into the skull of an ensuing guardsman.

"No," Amity grunted, activating and launching a barrage of fire glyphs at several more guards, narrowly dodging a blast of energy aimed at her torso in the process. "As much as I appreciate the concern, you'd best watch your own back," Amity smirked, quickly looking back at Boscha who's eyes rolled as she pulled a plant glyph from her side pouch. "What took you and Matt so long to get here anyway?" Amity questioned, ducking as the thorns Boscha summoned fired off, taking out three approaching guardsmen in the process.

"Let's just say Matt and I got a little caught up taking care of some business in town," Bosha scoffed, pulling several more glyphs from her pocket before picking up a spear a guardsman had dropped. "Running errands in Bonesborough as a wanted witch isn't exactly the easiest task what with your parent's goons running around after all." Placing a fire glyph on the handle of the spear, Boscha tightened her grip on the weapon prior to activating and launching the glyph before it pierced the chest of a wagon-driving guardsmen, the vehicle and the guard subsequently catching fire. "Fuck, how many more of these clowns are there?" Boscha growled.

"Get down!" The Amity heard yelled from behind, prompting her and the triclops to drop to the ground as a wave of ice shot over them.

"Well look who finally decided to wake up," Amity smirked as she rose to her feet, the smug look on her girlfriend's face beaming in spite of the blood that trickled down her cheek. "Nice shot, Luz."

"Well excuse me for taking one for the team," Luz scoffed through a sly grin before pulling several more glyphs from her jacket.

"Yeah, okay, Luz... If memory serves, I believe I was the one who took one for the team," Willow grunted, slamming several plant glyphs to the ground before dodging several shots of energy as a guard approached her. "Correct me if I'm wrong but it was me who pushed you out of the way to take the brunt of the blow."

"Is that what happened?" Luz laughed, dragging her arm across her forehead to wipe blood and sweat from her face. "Because I could have sworn..."

"Luz!" Eda yelled, as she shot off a water glyph that collided midair with a blast of fire aimed directly at the human. "As much as I love you and your chipper banter, can we focus on getting rid of the emperor's henchmen before my house ends looking even more like Swiss cheese than it already does?"