25 ♪ Smudge

"why? why do you like him?" suna asked.

you scratched the back of your head, "i don't really know myself... it just happened i guess?"

"but he's just gonna treat you like one of his flings."

"...i know."

"then why? why would you fall for him knowing you'd get hurt in the end?!" suna's voice began to grow louder, worrying you.

"rintaro calm down-"

"can't you see i'm the one here for you [Y/N]?" he got off his bed, setting the ice pack down on the table and making his way to you. "why can't you just fall for me instead?!"

he was now in front of you, his eyes never leaving yours. his statement didn't shock you since you heard his confession when he was talking to atsumu earlier. you frowned, not knowing what to say.

"i-i'm sorry..."

suna's face softened at your sad tone. he immediately regret raising his voice at you, he probably scared you. "no i..." he paused and wrapped his arms around you, engulfing you in a hug.

"no, i'm sorry." he mumbled in your ear. "i shouldn't have startled you like that."

you felt his warmth calming you down. you hugged him back, your arms wrapping around his torso. "you were just looking out for me right? it's okay."

suna could feel his chest tightening. he wanted you to be his, he wanted you to not be hurt, but he can't. he wants you to be happy, and he knew you were much happier with atsumu. "you can just forget anything i said earlier."

"what? but-"

"it's alright. don't worry about me." the two of you stayed like that for a bit, admiring each other's presence and not saying a word. you wanted to comfort suna more, but you didn't know how knowing you were the one hurting him.

°

"[Y/N]-san! you're done for the day!" hana called out to you.

"okay!" you stopped the flame on the stove and went out of the kitchen to get some rest. it was the second day of the festival and it was still busy as ever. you hesitated on taking a shower and changing your clothes this time since you didn't want the same situation to happen again.

"[Y/N]-chan are you done for the day?" yuki, who was holding a tray, asked you.

"yeah, how 'bout you?"

"unfortunately i have to do this for the whole day." she sighed. "are you going somewhere?"

"not really, i'll just wonder around i guess."

"sure, see ya later!"

"see ya!" you waved goodbye to yuki and started to walk away.

you haven't seen suna since your talk yesterday. he didn't reply to your message either so you were quite worried. you wanted to ask yuki how he was, but you knew the girl would just question you more instead of giving you a straight answer.

"sawarasenai, kimi wa shojo na no
boku wa yarichin bicchi no osu da yo!"

your ringtone started to go off. you grabbed the phone from your pocket and looked at the caller id. "tooru? why is he calling me all of a sudden?" you picked it up, oikawa greeting you first.