01

𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 // 𝔁𝓸 - 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓵𝔂

Your head was pounding. You could feel each pulse as you tried opening your eyes. You told yourself you should've stopped after the third shot of tequila last night, then maybe you'd wouldn't feel like absolute shit.

You took deep breaths, knowing this morning was going to be rough.

You could barely remember what happened the night before, too. Your mind started to relive the events from yesterday.

It was Halloween weekend, so obviously you and your roommates were going out that night. You hadn't put much effort into your costume though. You decided on a black crop top and yoga shorts, and had picked up a cat ears set from a convenience store that had a small costume section. You were sure the ears were for kids, but you didn't have time to find anything else.

You stood in line, only a few people deep, clutching your cat ears and waterproof eyeliner that you'd use to draw on whiskers. Impatient, you looked at your phone. It was almost 3pm and you only had a couple of hours to get back to your dorm, get ready, and pregame.

There were a couple of missed messages from your roommates telling you to hurry up, and one from someone you weren't expecting ...

xxx-xxx-xxxx
the cat ears are cute

You felt your face scrunch up at the thought of someone watching you. Was it creepy? Yes. But you knew the number. At least you thought you did. You felt some familiarity when looking at it. It was one of the few you hadn't saved in your phone, but there were no previous messages to try and figure out the sender.

You sighed at the thought of trying to remember who it was. How could you be so stupid? This would be less weird if you had just saved a number like a normal person.

The line had only moved one person as you tried puzzling together who the texter could be.

y/n
who is this?

The response came quick.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
this is awkward .. take a guess

Take a guess?! You stared at your phone in disbelief. Was this person serious?

y/n
i wouldnt be asking if i knew ...

You wanted to call them a dumbass or something. It irked you that someone would try and play games, especially when they were essentially creeping on you at the store.

You glanced around nonchalantly, hoping to see someone that might look familiar. But the store was pretty empty, except for the few people in line - none of which you knew.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
sry. touched a nerve ig. i'll give you a hint. we have econ together

You let out a low groan. Econ, really? The one class you were taking as a filler course for the credits. You didn't want to take it, but there weren't any spots left in the other courses you considered taking. The worst of it all, was that it was an 8am. Did this person actually think you paid attention to the people around you that early in the morning, for a class you didn't even want to show up to?

y/n

no idea

You were sort of over this whole guessing game. If this person didn't want to tell you, then so be it.

You had finally reached the front of the line and paid for your things. You took your bag from the cashier, and headed on out of the store towards campus.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
i'll see you later.

What the hell? What is with them? You kept rattling your brain for who it was.

Econ? There wasn't that many students in this class, but it could be literally anyone when you thought about it. But who would you have given your number to in that class?

- - - -

You rolled over in bed. Your eyes opened slightly to see a mess of black over your pillow. Your body jerked up, causing you to become light headed. The nausea started to take over, and you felt yourself running to the closest trash can. You sat on the floor, arms and legs wrapped around the barrel and your face hanging over it. Nothing came out.

You took some deep breaths before finally looking up. Your heart dropped.

Where were you? This wasn't your room.

You scrambled to your feet despite the whiplash you felt. You circled the room looking to see exactly where you were. As you passed a mirror, you saw your refection. Your makeup had been smudged, but you whiskers and nose had stayed in place. You were somewhat grateful for the waterproof eyeliner you purchased.

Other than checking yourself out in the mirror, you noticed only a couple of things. One, there were physical therapy and sports science textbooks scattered on a desk. Two, this person liked volleyball. A lot. You laughed to yourself at how many high school memories seemed to be in this college dorm room. You glance at the bulletin board and see a picture of two guys wearing white and light blue uniforms.

Your breath started to quicken. All at once, you remember the phone number and you realized who's room you were in. The room started to spin as you heard the door click open. A lump in your throat had formed. When the door had opened, revealing who it was, you found yourself, face first in the barrel again.