Last Minute

Word Count: 1,432 words
Published: November 13, 2020
Edited: January 27, 2021

You had known Oliver Wood for maybe more than you would've cared to admit. You knew him much more better than the others. And as with all things, there were ups and downs in knowing him.

"Merlin, Oliver stop knocking" you said in a whisper-shout way. I mean, it wouldn't take a genius to guess who'd be knocking at your door at "12am Oliver. So, what are you doing here?"

"Hello, love" He grinned, and slipped in the second you opened your door "You're looking well... Quite, uh, um... Dreadful"

"You know, I just hate you so much can you just please get to the point why you're here?" You groaned turning to the mirror to look at your appearance. You hated to admit it, but you did look like you got ran over by some mad magical creature or something. On the other hand, there would be no one that'd look absolutely gorgeous at 12am.

"Ok, so? - I haven't got all night you see. Some people need to sleep Oliver"

"You and sleep - that is why you were a so-so chaser" Oliver teased, and plopped down to your couch. "Well anyway, I was doing a few loops because I couldn't sleep and-" 

"Of course you couldn't" You said rolling your eyes and plopping on the couch with him.

"Ok so, I remembered I marked I was bringing a guest to Antonio Reeve's wedding. So what do you say? Up for a night of dancing tonight?"

"Did I mention I hate you?" You asked grabbing a tiny cup and pouring him tea. 

"You really really hate tea don't you?"

"Ok so you were saying?" You asked not facing him and sitting back on the chair reading a book..

"Oh.. right, as I was saying... I'm asking you to be my date at the wedding" He said pouting

You rolled your eyes at him and stood up. Oliver came closer "Pleaseeeee!, this is the last time I'll ask you to be my last minute date to a teammates wedding!" He pled, his mouth set in a begging pout and his eyes set in a begging look. 

"I also promise to marry you if you catch the bouquet so you can be the bride instead of a wedding guest!"

"Do you not know how RSVPs work? If you don't have a date to bring then you don't mark that you're bringing a guest with you" you eyed him and explain slowly as if he were a first year and studying Arithmetics for the first time. "And your proposal wasn't very romantic".

"Ok, I'll ignore that last part but the first- listen, ok I know how RSVPs work of course. I just thought you were okay going together like we normally do" Oliver shrugged and took a sip of his tea simply just to annoy you.

"You're annoying. No, let me correct myself. You're annoying all the time!" You said eyeing Oliver which made him look away.

You went back to your room. But after 5 minutes you went back to check on him outside and he was still there. "On a second thought let me tell you something..." You stated plainly while playing both you feet on the coffee table that seperates you and him.

"You can't just expect me to drop all my plans just to go to your teammate's wedding. You shouldn't expect me to drop anything at all! You see? ANYTHING"

Oliver flinched and lowered his gaze down to his teacup that he was holding and took another sip. "Well, I just thought that you didn't mind..."