Chapter Four

I immediately dropped my phone on the desk and turned around.

Fuck!

Of all the people, why the fuck should it be him?

I mentally groaned in frustration and squeezed my eyes shut. After a few seconds, I fluttered my eyes open as I realized that he doesn't know it is me yet. I picked up my phone and started to type him a message.

'This won't work out. Sorry.'

I lifted my gaze to see his expression and his lips twitched into a smile as he looked down at his phone and then he started to type.

'Drop the act and come over here, Adams.' - Unknown number

Fuck!

Was I that obvious?

I took a deep breath and walked over to his table while he kept staring at me with a sly look on his face. I just wanted to run for the hills rather than face him.

God! This was so humiliating.

"How did you find out it was me?" I hissed in anger and he raised his eyebrows.

"Well, this isn't rocket science, Adams. You were on your phone since the moment I stepped inside. I noticed your face go pale when I texted back what I was wearing and our eyes connected automatically," he smirked and continued, "Also, our entire class, including me know how good you are at math. I put two and two together," he shrugged casually and I let out a defeated sigh. I never thought he would know that about me.

"Man, this is going to be fucking lit." He stated, leaning back against his seat and I noticed his shirt roll up a bit, showing a hint of his abs. I quickly diverted my eyes no matter how tempting he looked.

"What makes you think I would agree to tutor you? You make me sick, Tristan. This is not going to happen." I sneered and was about to walk away.

"Look, just sit down, and let's talk like adults." He stopped me and I turned around to look at him in confusion but pulled the seat opposite to him to sit down instead of creating a scene at the library.

"I don't understand. I thought you hated me. We broke each other's phone. Why do you want me to tutor you? We both know this is going to be a disaster." I whisper yelled almost jumping from my seat in annoyance.

"Aren't you a feisty little thing?" He smirked, while I maintained a straight face, "Look, I need to score well in math to graduate and I'm failing miserably. Football can only get you so far. I really need this, Adams and it needs to be a fucking secret. No one can know about this. It's embarrassing enough for me already." He gestured between us as if we were trying to have a secret relationship or something and for some reason, it stung.

Was I that embarrassing to be seen with?

"What makes you think I'll keep this a secret if at all I'm willing to do this?" I asked, trying to act as if I wasn't offended.

"What if I say I won't annoy you anymore if you do this?" he asked almost immediately and I kept staring at him, trying to figure out if he really meant it or not, "I will not get back at you for breaking my phone." He added in a serious tone since I was eyeing him suspiciously.