Chapter Five

"So what did he say?" Lucy asked again right in the middle of our class. I tried to ignore her question as I didn't know how to explain it to her.

"He agreed to meet me at the library." I tried to keep it short and crisp but she knew me better than that.

"Come on, there is more. I can see your face. You are blushing," She whispered, making my eyes go wide.

"What? No!" I immediately touched my cheeks and she tried so hard not to laugh out loud.

"You should have seen your face." She sniffled in laughter beside me, earning us both glares from our professor.

"You better tell me now before I snatch your phone," she whispered again.

"Oh my God! You are so annoying, Lu." I handed over my phone to her before the professor could throw us both out.

"That's much better." She grinned and started looking over at my texts. I tried to observe her expressions from the corner of my eye and noticed her jaw-dropping to the floor. We soon heard the bell go off and we started to collect our things to leave for the day.

"What is going on between you two?" She yelled, giving back my phone as soon as we were outside the classroom.

"Nothing. He is being an ass and I'm just being professional." I rushed out, not meeting her eyes.

"Are you really that naive? Tristan Harris is trying to flirt with you." She stated, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Yeah, sure. As if he is desperate for a girl's attention. We all know that he is a man whore, Lu." I said in an annoyed tone and she shook her head.

"Whatever, maybe this is his way of texting girls but you really need to get laid, Ri. Too much stress is not good for your health," she winked at me in a suggestive manner, making me scowl.

"I'm fine, thank you."

"Hi, ladies." I heard Andrew's deep voice from behind as he wrapped his arm around Lucy's shoulders, placing a small kiss on her cheek.

"Hi, Andrew." I greeted him as we all kept walking towards the exit.

"So I heard that you are not coming to the party this weekend," he started, making me glare at Lucy immediately.

"He asked me, babe." She pouted and I groaned in frustration.

"I don't wanna come, Andrew. Parties aren't my scene. You know me well right?" I whined and tried to use my puppy dog eyes, hoping he would show me some mercy. He just laughed, making his crystal blue eyes twinkle. He was a good-looking guy with dirty blonde hair and he was pretty decent also which is a rare combination. I was glad that Lucy found a guy like him.

"How can I have a party without my girlfriend's best friend? She would be alone, Riley." He reasoned and I let out a huge sigh.

"Fine. I'll think about it." I mumbled and Lucy jumped in excitement.

"Yay! Thank you so much, babe." She wrapped her arms around my neck and I hugged her back, rolling my eyes at Andrews who threw up his hands in defeat.

"You guys owe me big time." I pointed my finger at them causing them to chuckle as we walked outside.

"Have fun, babe." She waved me goodbye with a wink and walked towards the parking lot with Andrew while I made my way towards the library.

At around 7.45 pm, I checked my phone to see if I had any messages from Tristan. I hardly saw him at school today and wondered if all this was one big joke. I pulled my hair back into a ponytail as it was falling all over the place. People were leaving the library slowly as it was almost 8 pm. I kept waiting patiently and the clock struck 8.15 pm.