Part 1

"Dani! Wait!" I yelled. He was speed racing in front of me. 

"Hurry up Kat! We are going to be late and the party is at my house."

"Okay. Okay. But don't run!" I was jogging up behind Daniel. He came to walk with me so I didn't have to walk by myself to his party. I always hated going anywhere alone. I was never more uncomfortable. 

Daniel and I have been best friends forever. We grew up in the same neighborhood and were always so close. He was always there when I needed him. I was so lucky to have him.

"Is Nick coming?" Dani didn't look at me when he asked. Nick and Dani never got along. I begged them to be nice to each other, but it was very obvious they didn't care for one another, which made things incredibly awkward for me.

"He said he might. He's not sure. I haven't talked to him much today. But regardless we are going to have fun! Right?" I bumped him with my shoulder and smiled at him.

"Right." He smiled back revealing his tooth gap. Most people would be self conscious about it, but I loved the way he was so confident. I had never met a person who was so self aware and so happy with themselves. Sometimes I was jealous. 

When we got to his house there were already tons of people. Everyone always came to Dani's parties. It was hard not to be friends with him. He has one of those personalities that just causes everyone to flock to him.

We looked at each other before we headed in to find the rest of our friends.

"I didn't know you knew so many people." Jonah came up and high fived Dani as we walked in the door.

"I don't think I do. I think I see maybe 10 people that I actually know." Daniel nervously rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey Kat! I saw Nick in the kitchen. He was asking if you were here yet." Zach told me as he hugged me.

"Oh okay. Thanks. I didn't even know if he was for sure coming. I'll be back!" I gave them all a wave as I headed towards the kitchen.