Part 8

"Kat!! I'm so excited you're here!" Tate came running towards me and gave me a big hug.

"Hey Tate!" I smiled and Nick walked away towards the guys.

"How are things with him?" Tate asked quietly. She was my best girlfriend. I told her I wasn't happy anymore, but I didn't tell her I'd made my final decision.

"They are what they are." I shrugged. "Where's Daniel?"

"He's not here yet. He's usually one of the first ones to a party."

"That is weird. Let's go talk to the guys."

We walked up to the guys who were talking about football. Tate and I looked at each other and rolled our eyes. We decided to go on the hunt for some drinks since the boys were being lame.

"Okay. So what's your plan?" Tate asked as we filled our cups up with some cherry punch.

"I'm not really sure. I don't want to hurt him, but I can't lead him on. I have to do it tonight. Probably when he takes me home." I sighed and took a big drink. "Holy crap. Tate this isn't punch." I choked.

"Uhm no. It's definitely not." She sniffed the cup. "I think it's mixed with vodka."

"Perfect. I need it." I took another drink and finished the cup. I was going to need liquid courage tonight.

"Slow your roll. Don't get too crazy. You've got stuff to do." We bumped glasses after I refilled mine.

"I'll be fine." I said and then someone bumped me. They were going so fast that they didn't even bother apologizing. "Hey!"

"What in the world. Why is everyone going towards the front?" Tate looked at me confused.

"I don't know let's find out." I grabbed Tate's hand and headed towards the living room. We pushed our way through everyone until we finally saw what was getting everyone's attention.

"What the hell?" Tate whispered.

"Who is that?" I almost dropped my drink.

"I have no idea." Tate looked pissed as we stared at Daniel and the mystery girl he brought to the party.