Chapter One

"Yuka, Tulok get back here!" there Aama laughed after them as they chased one another though the grassy fields. They were at the edge of the village, horsing abound playing with sticks like they were Apanuugpaks, the great legendary mythical warrior that Aama always told them about before they went to sleep.

"You'll never defeat me!" Yuka claimed while knocking her older brother over. He landed on his back with a thud. She grasped on to his battle stick and snapped it with her food, a sign shed won the game.

Sighing in defeat Tulok put his arm over his eyes "I'm done for!" he gasped dramatically, "There's no way out, I'm down, my sward, gone." Yuka let out a small chuckle watching her brother's act unfold. He then threw his arms out, making a starfish shape with his body as he stuck his tongue out.

After laying like that for a few moments he sat up, his dark chocolate hair was ruffled with bits of grass in a few places. They made eye contact for a brief moment before the both of them burst out with laughter.

Yuka helped her brother up then looked at the splintered stick that laid littered along the weeds "sorry I broke your stick." she said with a guilty tone. "I got carried away..."

Tulok shook his head "It's fine but could you go get me a new one?"

Yuka nodded then bounded off to there favorite drift wood spot, her parka was flowing in the wind as she bounded to the shore, the beach had smooth pebbles like sand they felt soft and gentle though her play shoes . After scouring the beach for a few minutes she wasn't satisfied with her choices.

Grunting with frustration, she started wondering farther down the shoreline, the Icey waves occasionally hitting her feet.

Shed never gone this far before, she liked to explore but whenever she asked her Aama or Ddwa they would always refuse and make her go back to learning to cook, or sew, she found these activates boring, she wanted to go learn to hunt and fish with Tulok, she would often sneak out of the lessons with her Aama, and watch her brother as he was being thought by there Ddwa.

Yuka would watch them practice there skills with great interest, often trying to copy them so she could do it herself until one of her parents caught her.

As she strode down the beach she spotted a giant pile of drift wood. "Perfect" she thought to herself as she picked up the pace. As she sorted though the pile she found the perfect battle stick, it was around her arm length and there were no splinters visible.

She was skipping with glee on her way back, this stick would make the perfect apology to her brother.

The early morning birds that had been singing seemed to disappear the only sound Yuka could hear was a distant huff. Stopping in her tracks she looked around first looking to the sea. 'Maybe it was just a whale coming up for air' she guessed.

Looking to the left her soul nearly left her body.

Standing 20 feet away from her stood a Grizzly, a big, aggravated, Grizzly bear, staring directly at Yuka.

Dropping the branch she attempted to stand taller, like her parents had told her, but it was no use, she was an 9 year old standing next to a 6 feet bear.

She stood petrified with fear, tears pricked the sides of her eyes threatening to pour out as the grizzly approached her. Trying to keep her breathing steady she didn't dare to break eye contact, the last thing Yuka needs is to show signs of weakness. 10 feet away. Her knees were shaking and felt like they were going to give in to her weight.

She clenched her eyes shut, she gave into the fear, hot salty tears rolled down her cheeks. She could hear the beast breathing, in such a calm rhythm, 'how could something so violent, and scary be so calm ha-'

Her thoughts were cut short as she heard thumping running towards her then a a growl, she opened her eyes to see a Qummig pouncing on the giant of a bear, knocking it to the ground, teeth clamped around the side of the grizzly neck.

The bear didn't stick around, he got up and ran off into the brush.

As the bear left she turned to see her savior

The canine returned the gaze. There glacier blue eyes piecing into Yuka's

Her guardian spirit

˚**✿❀ OwO First part done!!! I had a lot of fun writing this!! Thank you so much for reading!! I'm going to try and make the next chapter longer. Hope you enjoyed the first part byeee!!! ❀✿**˚

˚**✿❀Definitions❀✿**˚

Aama: Inuit word for Mother.

Ddwa: Inuit word for Father.

Parka: A type of traditional Inuit clothing .

Qummig: Inuit word for dog.