Chapter 4: Gathering Storm

Across Danville, right as the clocks struck one, electronic devices, televisions, cellphones, and computers all began to show static, creating mass confusion and hysteria. People were screaming that it was the end of the world, while others thought it was just a signal issue.

That is, until the screens changed, and the visage of a robot emerged on every single device in the Tri-State Area.

"Attention citizens of the Tri-State Area. My name is Norm, and I will soon rise to power over this city. As I speak, my robot armies are growing and preparing to conquer all that stand in my way. This message serves as an ultimatum to those who are watching."

"Surrender, or be destroyed."

After seeing Norm's broadcast, Perry hurriedly landed the hovercar on the rooftop of a diner in downtown Danville, Doofenshmirtz in tow. Heinz was in a state of panic, pacing along the rooftop and muttering to himself.

"It's like you always tell yourself Heinz, your inators work, but you just don't use them properly. And this time, you DEFINITELY did not use it properly! Now you've got Norm about to conquer the Tri-State Area and-"

THWAP!

Perry slapped Heinz across the face with the back of his hand. He fell towards the side of the hovercar, placing his hand over the now-dark pink bruise. It hurt like hell.

"You know, it's rude to slap your friends, Perry the Platypus. But you're right, I screwed up. Again."

Heinz slouched on the side of the roof, his legs dangling over the street below. He sighed to himself. This was his worst plan yet. As he stared into the distance, Perry put a hand on his shoulder, smiling. He knew that him and Heinz had an odd relationship of sorts compared to most enemies: they were moreso frenemies, both fighting each other and occasionally aiding each other like with their trip to Feebla-Oot and their trek through the desert.

"Thanks, but I don't know what we can do. OWCA likely wouldn't accept my aid and-"

Perry chittered as he pointed out towards the streets of Danville, at what appeared to be warehouses. Heinz immediately leapt to his feet.

"You're right, Perry! We can use my old Inators! That'll show Norm."

Perry smiled as he jumped into his hovercar. They soared off the rooftop towards the warehouse district.

Phineas was dashing like a madman through the busy streets of Danville. The broadcast had forced him to take a shorter route home which he wasn't used to, his mind racing. He wanted to make sure Ferb was okay. That Candace was okay.

That Isabella was okay.

As Phineas ran through an already-panicked city, he was nearly hit by a car twice, something which he was normally more aware of. His parents were out of town for the day to attend an antique convention in Seattle. That left Phineas with only two family members in the city to locate. As he arrived on his street, Phineas noticed that his backyard was devoid of any sort of massive project, making him wonder if his absence had affected Ferb to a large degree. Phineas opened the door as he looked around the house.

"Candace? Ferb? You guys home?"

Nobody responded. That is, until Phineas heard something. It sounded like crying to him, and was coming from the basement. Carefully stepping down the stairs, Phineas heard the tears getting louder and louder, before finding the source: the Flynn-Fletcher panic room. Upon opening up the crate that concealed it, Phineas heard a familiar ear-piercing shriek.

"Candace?"

"Phineas?"

Phineas stepped down the ladder to find Candace shaking in the corner of the panic room with her teddy bear, Mr. Miggins, in hand. She looked absolutely terrified.