Chapter 6: Conflict

Several arduous, painful, and memorable minutes of testing had resulted in Perry and Heinz figuring out which Inator in his warehouse was which. Leaning on the Tedious-inator, Heinz slouched onto the floor next to Perry as he sighed.

"So this is the Tedious-inator, that over there is the Peel-inator, which I'm glad I added a reverse switch to, that's the Depower-inator, and that over there is the remains of the Blow-itself-up-inator. I should really start labeling these things, shouldn't I?"

Perry gave Heinz a look of annoyance, sighing to himself. The two of them had blown themselves up, lost electricity in the warehouse, and had to see a skinless Heinz Doofenshmirtz. Just as Perry was finishing flashing back however, he heard his watch beeping, accompanied by a familiar voice.

"Agent P? Come in Agent P!"

Perry quickly activated the watch's video function, coming face to face with one Major Monogram.

"Agent P, we need you to return to O.W.C.A. headquarters immediately! Danville is overrun, and-"

"Oh hi Francis! How's the wife?"

"Is that Dr. Doofenshmirtz I'm hearing, Agent P?"

Perry gave Monogram a sheepish grin as he shrugged.

"Unfortunately, due to budget cuts and security concerns, we cannot allow the two of you to work together this time."

Perry chittered angrily.

"Agent P, you MUST return at once!"

Perry chittered back.

"Do not sass me Agent P! You must-"

Tired of the conversation, Perry chittered in chunks to imitate the effect of him cutting out, right as he turned off his watch and groaned. He was definitely going to be on latrine duty next week.

"Perry the Platypus! You'd defy Francis to work with me?"

Perry nodded as he smiled. His choice to work with Doofenshmirtz was twofold: he knew Norm better than anyone, and he was also extremely dangerous and needed to be watched.

Perry also had a third, more secretive reason. That was his friendship with Heinz.

Downtown Danville was in chaos.

As robots flooded the streets, a battle raged. At the forefront of the defense were Phineas, Ferb, Isabella, and their friends, baseball launchers and impromptu inventions in hand. Phineas's mech was struck by a stray laser beam. Escaping the wreck, he leapt out with his baseball launcher, firing a baseball at the robot responsible. Wiping sweat off of his brow, Phineas took a look at the robot's remains. Its beaked head was familiar. Almost too familiar.

"Hey Ferb, is it just me or does this robot look like our Beak suit?"

Ferb poked his head out of his mech as he eyed the robot. After a few seconds, he gave Phineas a thumbs-up.

"Huh. I guess our blueprints must've leaked somehow."

Phineas, clenching his baseball launcher, looked up from the robot's remains to see Isabella standing on top of a destroyed robot. Glaring out at the battlefield, she got into a defensive position.

"Alright, who wants some?"

Isabella's yell caught the attention of several robots. They gathered and charged for her along the street. Grinning, Isabella fired off a baseball, maneuvering it through multiple robots. The impact would daze them and leave them vulnerable. Isabella then performed a quick somersault forward before firing off her launcher's Fireside Shot. The results were nothing but countless piles of scrap. Blowing smoke off of her launcher, Isabella looked behind herself to see Phineas looking on in awe, speechless.