Chapter 8: Lovers

The sun was beginning to set as Phineas and Isabella walked down the street, towards the Flynn-Fletcher residence. Holding hands, Isabella glanced towards Phineas, who smiled back and blushed slightly. Isabella smiled back as she blushed to herself, the two of them walking in silence for some time. When they did arrive at the Flynn-Fletcher household, Phineas opened the gate to the backyard, walking over to the tree. It was this tree that held many, many memories for the two of them.

"Every time I come out here in the morning, I end up reminiscing about everything that has happened near this tree. Everything I...no, we, have done this summer."

Isabella blushed as she heard Phineas emphasize the word "we". He seemed different to her, not that she minded. Phineas walked over to the trunk of the tree, tapping it twice as a large egg emerged from it, opening up.

"Remember when Ferb and I were the Beak? We ended up making a little nest up in the tree for that day, and I sort of keep it as a personal spot of mine."

Phineas sat inside the egg, offering his hand to Isabella as she sat next to him, smiling. The egg closed as it ascended into the tree, popping up onto the floor and cracking as Phineas and Isabella exited it.

"Welcome to the Nest Isabella."

Isabella gazed around at the Nest, noticing a large computer and a Beak suit in a cage. Of particular note to her was a balcony however, concealed by several leaves. Phineas walked over to the balcony as he pressed a button, parting the leaves to reveal a view of the sunset. He sat down on the bench, offering Isabella a seat next to him. She sat down, looking towards Phineas in curiosity. He sighed as he twiddled his hands.

"So...the letter."

"Yeah."

"Looking back, I...I was a huge jerk to you Isabella. How could I have missed all of this? Every subtle advance, every offer for me to spend time with you, every flirtatious comment...I'm an idiot for not noticing!"

"No you're not Phineas! You're brilliant in every way. If anything, it was my fault for not being obvious enough."

"Yet you kept going."

Isabella glanced over to Phineas curiously, shedding a tear as she did so.

"Wh...what?"

"Even when I seemed dense or oblivious, you kept on trying. You never gave up on me even when you had a good reason to. I never realized how lucky I was to have someone like you!"

By now, Phineas seemed to be angry as Isabella put a hand on his shoulder reassuringly.

"I want to ensure that I can be there for you Isabella. That I won't mess up again! Romance has never been my strong suit."

"But there was the ship with Baljeet and Mishti! And all that stuff you did for Candace and Jeremy! And-"

"I know. But with you, I'm more worried. I want it to be perfect. I want no mistakes. I..."

Isabella held Phineas in a tight hug in an attempt to calm him down, patting his back. She couldn't help but cry, grasping him tight.

"Phineas, I love you for who you are, not what you can do for me."

Phineas looked up at Isabella, eyes tearing up, as he continued to hug her. The two of them remained in each others' arms, enjoying the moment, until Phineas broke the hug and looked into Isabella's eyes.

"I-Isabella?"

"Yes Phineas?"

"Can...can I do something for you?"