Chapter 3.

TRAINING

}(Y/n)'s POV{

I eat a small loaf of bread as my squad and I watch the cadets in training.

Looking for any flaws in their hand to hand combat that they can improve on.

I sigh happily, "what is it squad leader (Y/n)?" My newest member, Monra Trentess asks with an eyebrow raise.

"Just remembering the good ol' days." I say sitting cross legged while resting my chin in my palm.

"Here we go again." One of my older members say chuckling, his name is Jacob Nartin by the way.

"When I was a wee las, my grandma made me do a lot of exercise, much more than what the average toddler should be doing" I started

"She always believed that I would be the greatest soldier to ever live. I mean she did have dementia, but still."

"She thought the same for my mom until she had me. My mom never wanted to join the scout regiment or anything. She just wanted to be a baker." I continued telling my whole life up to when I became a scout leader.

I put my head down and look at my palm dramatically then close it fast for affect, "I will never forget you Billy." I say

My squad looks at me weird then bursts out laughing, "why do you always do this to the new recruits?" Hamalen Hayz asked me wiping her teary eyes.

"I love seeing the confusion and concern on their faces! Although it's not as funny as Levi when he's angry." I laugh 

"They do say the shorter a person is, the angrier they get."

I hold my stomach remembering when I kept calling him shorty until that became Hanji's nickname for him.

I stand up off the ground and turn to Monra

Monra is 18 years old, soon to be 19

She had short, blonde hair and her light brown eyes with specks of green showed generosity and mercy. Her thin pink lips with a beautymark right above it, and a small button nose.

Her skin was pale but rosy and she looked around 5"4

"Do you know what the titans do to us?" I ask with a small smirk

"K- kind of." She answers

"First, they'll smile down at you with emptiness in their eyes, then, they-" I step closer to her for effect.

"Grab you by your torso! Slowly lift you up above their head." I can tell she's starting to get scared.

Don't worry, I'm just seeing how well her tolerance to fear is.

"They will look you dead in the eyes as they slowly guide your feet to their mouth..."

"and as soon as they have at least half your body in their mouth, they, chomp!" I say, Monra shrieks.

"Then they just swallow the rest of you and you're dead." I say with a bright smile.

Monra whimpers, frightened.

Hmmm. We need to improve on her tolerance to fear, or she'll die before she can even use her ODM gear

"Section Commander, don't go too far, you might scare a soldier off. Again..." Jacob says worried.

Jacob is 24