Chapter 4 - Something hurts Aditya

Aditya reminisced his friendship Karan and especially Zoya. He got reminded how Zoya and Karan helped him to study even in late night by clearing all his doubts, writing his notes beforehand, helping Aditya when teacher asks any question to him. He got reminded how Zoya and Karan celebrated his victory in Drama competition like their victory and threw parties. He got reminded in school days where Aditya and Karan stands out of class for punishment, Zoya too willingly do some mischiefs and accompany the boys outside the class. Zoya saved him from college faculties when Aditya does something rule-breaking. Some drop of tears escaped from his eyes. He wipes.

Days pass like wind,

Zoya and Arshad's Engagement Venue

Karan and Sonal come to the engagement venue hand in hand cheerfully. Guests eyed them for their chemistry. They had some conversation with random guests. After finishing the conversation,
Karan - "Sonal, Shall I have a drink please?" (He begs without joining his hands)
Sonal - "No Karan, Strictly No.. Always Drinks... However you would enjoy at Zoya's bachelorette party..."
Karan - "No, dear.  Aditya, Zoya and I lastly had drinks before my marriage. Please let me drink. I am craving for it".
Sonal - " You are adamant. Don't lie, I know whenever you met Aditya and Zoya, you three would drink and party."

To Karan and Sonal's surprise, Aditya comes to the venue with bouqet. Sonal and Karan smiles at him. Aditya sits near them.
Karan - "Surprising, man...I thought you never show up here...Let it be, Tell me why are you rejecting Zoya?"
Aditya - "You won't get it, dude". (reminiscing his life with Zoya after marriage)
Karan gets irritated - "What the hell are you speaking. I know you are loving Gauri. And just because Zoya asked like that, you are totally rejecting Zoya. Don't forget one thing. She is our best friend. Also, Zoya never compelled you. If you like her, say it directly or if you didn't like, say that also directly. This behaviour of yours is really bad".

As soon as Karan completes his words, Zoya and Arshad come there hand in hands. Zoya comes with a big smile that lights the ceremony, but only she knows that is a fake smile. Zoya smiles at Karan and Sonal by waving her hand and neglects Aditya.
Aditya - "Why is she neglecting me, Karan?"
Karan - "Why did you neglect her?"

Aditya left speechless  and then all focus on the venue where Arshad and Zoya standing. Zoya and Arshad exchanged their rings. Arshad asks her for a dance. Zoya hesitantly agrees. They both dances very closely that irks Aditya. His face becomes dull and feels possessive a bit.

(Haaa~aa AAaaaa~aaa
Bepanah si mohabbat ki hai-
i Dil ne bhi yahi chaht ki hai~ii
Tere bina mera
lagge na jiya-a
Tere liye hi dhadke jiyaa
Tere bina mera lagge na jiya-a
Tere liye hi dhadke jiyaa
Mere dil ko tere dil ki zaroorat hai
Mere dil ko tere dil ki-i zaroorat hai
Mere dil ko tere dil ki zaroorat hai
Haaa~aa AAaaaa~aaa
Mai tha rehguzar
Tune thama iss kadar
Ab nahi na koi befikar
Mai tujhme baant lu
Yun khud ko humsafar
Reh na jaye koi kasar
Tere bina mera lagge na jiya-a
Tere liye hi dhadke jiyaa
Tere bina mera lagge na jiya-a
Ab Tere liye hi dhadke jiyaa
Mere dil ko tere dil ki jarurat hai
Mere dil ko tere dil ki-i zaroorat hai
Mere dil ko tere dil ki zaroorat hai
Mere dil ko tere dil ki zaroorat hai) –
song plays in background while they dance.

Two days passes, Aditya visits Zoya's house with Zoya's favorite Winnie the Pooh doll. Waseem opens the door.
Waseem hugs Aditya asking - "Hey, Adi. How are you?" 
Aditya - "I am fine Uncle ji. Zoya..." (looks for her)
Waseem - "She is out with Arshad. Come inside".
Aditya - "No, uncle. I'll come after Zoya's return".
Waseem - "Hey, come inside dear. What formalities!" (He holds his hands and takes him in)

Waseem - "I've heard that you have completed your arrears. Great job, Adi. Really, I wonder how you passed Thermodynamics that too with Zoya's (stresses long) guidance".
Aditya senses his taunt about Zoya and laughs.
Waseem - "So you've completed your studies! Why can't you join in my company, Adi?"
Aditya expresses a big kind of shock in his face after thinking of toilets. Waseem finds it weird.
Waseem - "Oh ok. No problem. You are really over-reacting (laughs louder)But why?"
Aditya - "I am interested in acting, Uncle". (with a reluctant smile)
Waseem - "Really! Wow! I have seen some of your drama videos at Zoya's phone".
Aditya - "But I don't think I'll pursue it". (Gets dull)
Waseem - "Dear son, it is th right age to take risks. You are running behind the passion. That is really commedable, Aditya. Also, you are not doing any sin".
Aditya remains silent but also astonished to see Waseem is supporting him. He never expected this attitude from him. Breaking the silence,
Waseem - "So, come here".
Waseem takes Aditya to his room. There are nearly 20 photos along with Waseem's Mom's photo where Waseem inaugrating toilets in various places.

Waseem: You know Adi, I born at a rural village of Rajastan. I have never seen any toilets in my childhood days. We used forests for nature calls. Once, when my mother went to the forest, she died by snake-biting. It happened becasue we don't have toilet in our house. If we have had toilets, I would have lived with my mom for some more years. So, I decided on the day that this incident should never happen. I resolved to build free toilets in my village. The villagers saw me like a fool. But I never give up. I took some hundred rupees and leave for Mumbai. I worked hard for day and night,  with or without food. Because of that hardwork, I have this Toilet company.

Aditya feels like he was slapped by someone's shoe. He deserves that for mocking his job and his company. He looks down out of guilt.

Waseem - "Now, I have a beautiful house, a family, some needed money in bank, but I don't consider them as my pride. See those photos, Adi. I built 430 toilets in Rajasthan and Mumbai overall. Now, people are looking me like a saviour. So, to make people believe that we are capable of doing something, we must do hard work. But, out of these works, I forgot to look after my father and my sisters. They were dead".

Aditya remains silent wheras Waseem wiped his tears. Aditya pats his shoulder.

 Waseem - "Now, I am afraid of Zoya's marriage. I am afraid what if Zoya couldn't meet the expectations she had on Arshad. Aditya, Will they take care of my Zoya".(with tears in his eyes)
Aditya - "Of course, they will, uncle. (tears comes out of his eyes). Uncle, give this doll to Zoya, I'm leaving".
While Aditya opened the door to leave, he turns back where Waseem is standing. Aditya reminded of how he mocked him and his job.
Aditya - "Sorry,uncle". 
Waseem - "Why dear?"

Aditya didn't know what to say.
Aditya - "Nothing, uncle". (he closed the door and comes out)

Aditya reminisced of Waseem's words to Harshavardan - "I trust Aditya. I am sure hat he would take care of Zoya as much as I expect". He also reminisced how his words motivated him and the backstory of company brought tears to him. He understood that he didn't do any mistake but a sin which couldn't be washed in any sacred waters. Rain comes with thunder, tears too come from his eyes...

To be continued...