Chapter 16

Thalia held Luke's hand as they crossed the road,not because she was too young to cross on her own but because her best friend had been on a sour mood for the last twenty four hours.

Hr was currently glaring at Percy who was walking two feet in front of them with Annabeth on his shoulders happily singing 'Row row row your bout'

The image itself was insanely adorable. The ever stoic Older son of Hermes reduced to a loud and public nuisance by a little girl?

If she had known the cure to his eternal sour mood was Annabeth,she would have kidnapped  someone's daughter a long time ago.

Okay,that sounded messed up the moment she said it,but you get the idea.

His mood has been merry the whole time Annabeth was with them,and who could blame him.

Annabeth was a whole bundle of joy  and excitement mixed with a little smart,which was probably why she got along with Percy the best.

Thalia had been the one to pick out her clothes,and by that time she had talked more than she ever had in ten minutes. Annabeth would not shut up. The girl had more questions than the last exam she ever did and her curiosity was insatiable.

Thalia didn't get mad or anything. In fact,she enjoyed the chatter. The last three days had been her following two boys with amazing anger issues and arguments that sparked from the littlest of things.

It was fun to have another girl around.

Even grumpy Luke somehow warmed up to her when she offered him to taste her ice cream.

His anger was now focused on his brother,who could obviously feel his twin's rage but chose to ignore it. Which had Luke in a bad mood the whole day.

Which was why Thalia decided to hold his hand.

"You okay?" She asked.

"No I am not" he said squeezing her hand back" Percy,from when we were young,he has always looked down on me. Especially when we found out we were demigods. Sure,I can crack open safes,cause a traffic congestion,jam communication lines,but none of that can compare to him"

"Really,coz to me that sounds awesome" she said raising an eyebrow at him.

"Are you sure,because  he breaks the sound barrier when he moves,he can crumble a whole building to sand,he can cause you to fall asleep till kingdom come,how can I  compare with that?"

"Now that you put it that way..." She said trailing off.

"And he might be a nerd,but that just makes him more powerful than me. Because he has powers that overshadow mine,and he knows how to use them to the fullest. Like using his speed to walk through walls" he said

"So he's a thinker?"

"Well...yeah,obviously" Luke said.

"And he's your twin?"

"Yes,haven't you been paying  attention to anything?" Luke asked nudging her by the shoulder.

"Of course I have. I'm just saying,that since he's your brother,don't you two share some traits. If he can think of other ways to use his abilities,then so can you" Thalia said.

"How?"

"I don't know,just look into your abilities and think of some ways you can use them better" She said.

Before Luke could respond,Percy turned and faced them,Annabeth braiding his hair while humming to herself. Thalia had to consciously hold in the 'awww' that wanted to come out.