Miscast

It hit him like a bullet to the chest - how ironic - how very, very wrong he'd been in his casting.

Sure, the fusion of Damien and Celine worked well as a villain, but there was something... off about the role he'd given them, as if they would work better cast as someone else...

It took him a while to figure it out, but if you ask him, he will never admit to the length of time it truly was.

Celine, his darling Celine, he'd been so wrong about her affair - he learned that the night of the party. His dear older brother didn't steal her from him - she ran off on her own. No, his brother wanted the other twin - William wanted Damien.

But the show had to go on. Not according to plan, but actors had to be very good at improvisation after all.

This new being, this "fusion" of his darling wife and her twin brother - he was... intriguing. Skilled. Vengeful. Perfectly suited to be his "villain"... until he wasn't.

He had miscast - because what better way to get back at the true villain, William, than to take what is left of what he so desperately wanted? To do the very same thing that his brother and Celine led him to think that William had done?

His wife and her twin brother - the latter being the object of his villain's desire... their fusion was the love interest. Because how bittersweet would it be to rip William's desired lover from him?

How bittersweet will it be to see the look on William's face as he sweeps what's left of Damien off of his feet?