The Day it All Went Wrong

King Dedede was excited. He couldn't help but watch the popularity charts all night. He had just released his new show and wanted to see if was going to be a hit. Hopefully the new actors would peak the cappies' interests.

While the king was practically jumping up and down in front of the TV, Escargoon sat in the back of the room with a cup of coffee. "Look I may not be as excited as you are but you should calm down a bit you know. And shouldn't you at least get some sleep sire? You've been up all night."

King Dedede turned to Escargoon with a grin. "What you mean I need sleep? I feel great!" He was dancing on his tippy toes. "Plus I had lots of coffee, I'll be awake all day!"

Escargoon raised an eyebrow. "Exactly how much coffee did you drink?"

"Oh that? I think like six maybe seven. I don't remember," Dedede waved his hand dismissively, "but don't you worry 'bout that!"

"Six or seven! That's way too many sire! You'll be up all night!"

"But it's the mornin'."

"Exactly!" Escargoon waved arms frantically.

King Dedede rolled his eyes. "Oh quit your frettin', I'll be fine." He turned his attention back to the TV.

Escargoon sighed. He knew that trying to convince the king was useless. What was done was done, he couldn't make the king throw up the coffee but he could get him breakfast. At least that'll keep him on the king's good side.

Making his way to the kitchen, Escargoon noticed how busy the castle seemed. He wondered why, there was nothing going on today. Did something happen?

After dodging a few frantic waddle dees, Escargoon saw Waddle Doo up ahead. He decided to ask just what was happening. "Hey cyclops!"

Waddle Doo turned around. "Yes?"

"What's going on?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why's everyone acting nuts?"

Waddle Doo looked around. "The king said that we have to replace a screen or something. I don't know but it's better we follow orders then get hit by his hammer."

Escargoon wondered what the king could have done to break his TV already. I mean he'd just left the room. "Alright, I guess I'll leave you guys too it."

Waddle Doo nodded and continued to order the waddle dees around.

Escargoon continued to walk towards the kitchen. He looked in the fridge for leftovers. Luckily, King Dedede didn't eat all the food yesterday and there was some fish and rice left. Taking the meal, Escargoon began walking towards King Dedede's room.

Suddenly, he heard yelling coming from the room. He sighed and went in. He found King Dedede screaming at the N.M.E salesman, something about wanting a monster to "clobber that der Kirbah."

After convincing the salesman that he would pay his bills later, King Dedede shut off the TV and awaited the monster. "What happened to watching the charts?" Escargoon asked with the sas that the king tended to hate.

"That stupid Kirbah broke mah TV! Now I'm gettin' back at him while I wait for a new one."

Escargoon was about to make a snarky remark but was interrupted by the whirring of the teleportation device. In a flash, a monster appeared. It resembled a mongoose with sharp teeth and a large thick tail, nothing King Dedede or Escargoon haven't seen before. It was actually pretty underwhelming.

Oh well, hopefully it would take out Kirby. That's all that matters.

King Dedede pointed in the direction that Kirby went and sent the monster away.