Whatever It Takes

"Chaeyoung? Chaeyoung!" Taehyung yelled from downstairs, tying his shoelace. "I'm coming!" she yelled back and immediately made her way downstairs, carrying their 5 month old baby.

He glanced up at her before returning his focus on his shoes, a smile slowly forming. "Have you eaten? Did you pack everything you needed? What about your charger?" Chaeyoung questioned as she approached him.

Taehyung chuckled softly before standing up from his seat. "I have eaten, packed everything I needed and took my charger, Chaeng. Now, let me hold my baby," he said and slowly took the sleeping child in his arms.

"Daddy will be gone for a few months. Be good to your mommy and stay healthy, okay? When I come back, we'll have some father-son fun time," he cooed into his ears. The baby squirmed a little in his arms before returning to it's peaceful state. 

Chaeyoung smiled before taking the baby back into her arms. "I'll be back," Taehyung said and pecked her lips before reaching for his suitcase. "Have fun on tour, Tae. We'll miss you," she said. "I'll miss you guys too. I'll videocall you guys every night, okay?" he said and caressed his baby's cheek with his knuckle.

He gave each of them one last peck before getting into the van. "Took you long enough," Jin scoffed. "Leave him alone, hyung. He just started a family," Namjoon said. 

"Have you named your child yet?" Hoseok asked.

Taehyung shook his head, making most of them groan. 

"Why didn't you guys name him yet? You know we can't call him Bear forever, right?" Yoongi said, wide awake from his nap. Taehyung nodded. 

"I know. But we were so busy for the past few months preparing for tour, that it slipped my mind. We'll name him as soon as I'm back. Now, tolerate 6 months of calling my son Bear," he said.

Half of the journey was quiet before Jungkook screamed in shock. "What? What? Are you okay?" Jimin asked, startled as he was sitting next to him. 

Jungkook simply showed his phone to Jimin. Jimin cursed beneath his breath as he covered his mouth in shock.

The other members were curious so one by one took the phone before it finally reached Taehyung. The members were looking at him worriedly as he eyed them suspiciously. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?" he asked before turning to the screen.

[BREAKING] BTS' V's house been broken into. Wife and child been rushed to hospital.

------------------------

"Taehyung, wait!" Jimin yelled as he barged through the hospital. He breathed harshly as he asked the front desk about his family. "They're both in room 809," the nurse said. He didn't bother thanking her as he rushed to the room. 

There, he found Chaeyoung sadly looking at their baby, sitting on the bed. "Chae..." he whispered and approached them. She didn't look up, eyes still remained on the baby. He crouched and held her hands with his. "It's okay," he kissed her hands. 

Chaeyoung broke down at that moment. Taehyung immediately embraced her and patted her back comfortingly. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," she cried in his arms. "It's okay, Chae. Don't blame yourself," he sighed, gulping down the lump in his throat. 

He held her until her crying subsided. He laid her down in the bed and she slept immediately. Taehyung turned around and saw his son in the crib, wide awake. He was curiously looking around the room, flailing his arms around while letting out some babbles. He smiled at the sight, letting out some tears before picking the child up.