Chapter 11: Practice Showdown

Tony began stretching on the court as he began to warm up for the game, doing everything he used to do. With each breath, he felt more and more at home on the court, even if it was just for this one game. The boy sighed as he lined up behind Yamaguchi to spike the ball.

"You got this Tadashi, just take your time and focus alright?" Tony said, patting the boy on the back who gave the boy a thankful smile before nodding. Tony could tell the boy was nervous, well more nervous than usual.

Yamaguchi passed the ball to Suga who quickly set it for the boy before he smashed it down causing Tony to smile at the progress the boy had made.

"Nice Kill, Tadashi!" Tony shouted causing the boy to nod and walk back to the back of the line with a visible smile. Tony caught the ball that Suga threw him as he gave the boy a confident nod, this was it... they were going to show the team everything they had been working on.

Tony passed the ball to Suga who set it right where Tony had loved it, not too close to the net but decently high so he had enough room to aim his spike in the air. Tony watched as the ball flew above him before he shot into the air, jumping to his left off of his left foot and turning his body with his body towards the ball.

He felt his muscles clench up as his arm reached as far back as it would go before slamming into the ball, sending it to the front corner of the court, exactly how they had practiced. Tony landed on the back of his feet before jogging over to the setter, holding out his fist to the boy.

"That was a great set." Tony said causing Suga to smile widely before the grey haired boys fell past Tony towards the door of the gym.

"Nyco! You made it!" Suga said, walking off of the court towards the girl. Tony sighed before turning around and looking at the girl, even he had to admit that she was beautiful.

Tony slightly shook his head before looking to the coach of the team.

"I'm gonna go use the restroom, I'll be back in a few." Tony said causing the man to nod and signal him to go ahead. Tony gave him a nod before he jogged off the court and towards the bathroom.

For some reason, Tony's chest hurt badly and he felt like he couldn't breathe. The boy walked into the bathroom and quickly turned on the sink. He took deep breaths as he tried to relax back into his focused mind. The boy cupped his hands together before filling them up with water and splashing it onto his face. What had caused him to feel like this?

The door to the bathroom creaked open, the person he expected the least walking into the bathroom.

"Mustang? You alright? Are you-Are you crying?" Kuroo asked causing Tony to quickly run a hand over his face to try to get the water off of his face.

"Oh uh, No. I'm okay... Just a lot going on in my head." Tony said causing Kuroo to give the boy a confused look.

"Do you want me to go get one of your team? You seem pretty close with that setter." Kuroo said causing Tony to shake his head before taking a shaky breath.

"No, no it's fine. I'm alright." Tony said, closing his eyes before steadying his breaths. Telling himself over and over again that he could do this.

"Okay, I'll be sure to take it easy on you out there then, Mustang," Kuroo mumbled out, a small smirk on his face. Tony looked up to the boy with a determined look on his face.

"You better not, or I'll run right over you," Tony said, his voice returning back to the determined voice that he had while he was going into before the girl broke his concentration.

---------------------------

Tony had been in between Tanaka and Noya as Daichi told the team that they could win, no matter what before the team lined up. Tony hadn't been on the starting line up, he was to be put in on the first rotation to serve.

Tony watched, a smile playing on his face as he saw Hinata soar into the sky, his eyes shut waiting for Kageyama to deliver the ball to him which of course he did. After Kageyama set to the boy, the ball had been over the net and on the ground within a few milliseconds. The whole Nekoma team was seemingly taken by surprise, Kenma even complimented the boy.

Tony knew however that it was now his time to take Tsukishima's place to serve. The boy walked over to the Coach's bench giving Ukai a shaky smile.

"You got this kid, just do what you did in the gym with Noya a few days ago, yeah?" Ukai said, reassuring the boy that he would do great. The weight on Tony's chest slightly rose as he nodded. The boy held up the number eleven as he stood on the side of the court. Tsukishima gave him a side-eye before taking the sign with a scoff.

"Don't mess up, Iceyhot," Tsuki said before walking off of the court. Tony caught the ball that was thrown to him before another voice shouted at him from the other side of the net.

"Okay, Let's see what you're made of, Mustang!" Kuroo shouted causing Tony to slightly smile, while they were on opposite sides of the net now, he still enjoyed talking to the rooster head.

Tony walked back to the server's positon, staying looking at the ground. He felt the eyes of everyone in the room on him as the anxiety began to build once again in his chest.

"Tony! Just get us the point." Daichi yelled, trying to calm the boy down.

"Yeah, Two-toned! You got this no problem!" Tanaka yelled, a large smirk placed on his face knowing how capable his best friend was.

"Come on Tony!! You're amazing!" Hinata shouted, his body radiating energy.

"We trust you, Tony! Just do your best!" Asahi shouted causing Noya to woo.

This was it, with this serve he would be back in the volleyball world. He wouldn't just be practicing, he wouldn't just be having fun with his friends. This was an actual game. The boy looked up at his team who were all giving the boy confident looks. This was different than his last team, they weren't relying on the boy to get all of the points, no they were all good at what they did. Including Tony.

The two-toned boy bounced the ball off of the ground before backing up to the other side of the court, deciding that he would go with his power spike first. Nekoma seemingly watched in confusion, except for the coach of Nekoma, seemingly having seen this type of serve before.

The boy took a shaky breath before he tossed the ball high into the air in front of him. Tony ran to catch up with it before leaping into the air, twisting and turning his body into the best position to get the most power in his serve. He pushed all of the power he had into his arm, smashing the ball through the air, directly towards the one person he wanted to show how good he was.

The ball bounced off of Kuroo's arms before shooting out of bounds, the captain looked as if he had been struck by lighting. He stumbled backward before looking with wide eyes at the boy across the court who was just staring at him and taking deep breathes.

"How the hell-" Kuroo mumbled out before he was interrupted by the screams of happiness coming from Karasuno's team. They all crowded the boy, patting him on the back and ruffling his head causing the boy to smile.

"DID MY TWO TONED AMERICAN BEST FRIEND JUST GET A SERVICE ACE OFF NEKOMA? OH, I LOVE YOU!" Tanaka yelled with a happy voice ruffling the boy's hair as Noya lightly punched the boy in the side.

"THAT. IS. WHAT. IM. TALKING. ABOUT." Noya shouted each word with each punch.

"That was a really great service ace, Tony!" Asahi said, a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Yes it was, I'm impressed," Daichi said, a smile plastered on his face as well, while the team had only known the American boy for a few months, they all felt connected with him. It was like he was built to be on this team with the Karasuno boys.

"Go get another," Kageyama said, tossing the boy the ball.

-------------------

Hi!! I'm sorry I think I suck at writing the volleyball parts of this story but if you guys like it I can do it more so please let me know how you feel about it!!