Danger Nearby

Saturday. The day where all students will be staying at home to either do their work or to spend their time. Joker has a part time job in a small store nearby his home. The owner is Spade's friend's Dump's parents.

As he got ready he could feel someone is whispering behind him, but when he turned around, no one is there. He feel odd tingle behind his back before locking his house door and walked towards the store. He felt a weird aura but decided to just keep his guards up just in case. He arrived at the store safely, but the weird tingles still there.

"What's going on?" Joker asked himself as he got in. He saw Dump and Spade doing work at the store. Dump and Spade consider each other as very close friends since Dump's parents took Spade in when his parents died in an airplane crash. Dump although at first feels jealous, he felt pity for Spade. They acted like siblings and care for one another.

"Hey, Joker. What's wrong? You don't look too good. Are you sick?" Spade asked. Dump only took pity before handling the items in the store. His family is rich yes but he wanted to at least do something for himself, which is why his parents let's him to managed the store they used to do as a business before closing it down for a long time.

"I feel like someone has been following me since morning." Joker said worriedly. He look back and no one is there. Creepy. Dump sighed as he walked up to Joker and hold his shoulders.

"It's okay, Joker. You're here now so you'll be fine. This place will be crowded soon so you'll be a bit more safer. If there's anything happen to you, just call us okay?" He said. Spade smiled as his brother like friend. He's very caring like old times. Those memories were the greatest. Spade sighed and smiled at Joker.

"Come on, Joker. You can handle the cashier. You are smart at math." He said and left to stock some snacks while Dump went to the storage room for checking the items. Joker sighed and walked towards the cash register desk and waited, sometimes do some other work while he's at it.

A few hours later, a customer came in. There's had been a lot of customer came in so Joker didn't see much. The customer grabbed a few stuff and even talked to Spade for some reason. As Joker was cleaning the cash register a voice surprised him.

"Joker, what are you doing here?" The voice said. Joker looked up to see Akai holding a cup of spicy noodles, a sparkling water and some tissues. Joker wasn't really expected Akai to come here but here he is. Why?

"Um, Akai? I'm just doing my job." He said and calculated the amount of stuff Akai got so he can pay for it. $20. Nice. Akai smiled as he took out his wallet and handed over the money.

"I see. Hey, when's your break?" He asked. Joker sighed.

"Around 5 pm. It's still 1 pm. Why?" He asked and placed the stuff in a biodegradable plastic bag. Akai took the stuff.

"Well I was thinking of inviting you to my house. I didn't get your phone number so I couldn't chat with ya and I have a few problems at home that needed me to find a friend to help out." Akai chuckled awkwardly. Joker smiled.

"Sure. Can I invite Hachi too? I'm supposed to take care of him while his family is having their job outside of the country." He said happily. Akai blushed a bit from the smile Joker did. It's... Adorable. He shook the thought. No, Joker is your friend, so stop thinking like that! He might not even be interested in guys anyway! He said to his head. Joker got worried.

"You okay, Akai?" He asked. Akai smiled. So cute!

"I'm fine. I need to go now, see ya soon, Joker. Oh right do you know the house address?" Akai asked. Joker sweats.

"Uh. No?" He said. Akai smiled.

"You're lying." He smirked. Joker blushed at the smirk. No no no, don't blush don't blush!

"Okay fine I know. How did you know?" He asked. Akai smiled as he left.

"I saw you." He then walked away. Joker went dropped on the ground. This is gonna be a long day. He thought as he continued his job. After a few more hours Dump payed him $120 for his job well done, and even got to have anything for free. He decided to grab the same soda Akai gave him yesterday. It became his favorite now. Spade and Dump had no idea.

"I didn't know you like that one." Spade says as he changed into his clothing for his date with Ai. Joker smiled.

"Akai gave me the same drink yesterday, and I ended up liking it." He explained as he grabbed his other stuff. Spade and Dump smirked.

"He bought you the drink?" They said in unison. Joker realized what they meant.

"What?! Yeah he did but not like that!" He said. Spade and Dump knew he's interested in guys, not really into girls much. They saw Joker and Queen talked about it so they chuckled it off. Spade laughed.

"Aww, Akai bought you a drink and it became your favorite. How romantic." He said. Dump nod agreeing.

"Yeah, very romantic to you Joker." He said. Joker blushed harder than he is.

"You guys better stop before I prank you guys!" He said and they both stopped. They knew Joker is a trickster. Trust me, they know. Last time, Joker placed an invisible wall using clear plastic wrapped and made Spade hit his face and fell down on a pile of unused flour. And to make it more embarrassing, Ai was there to wait for Spade. Poor him.

"Fine fine, we stop." They say. As they walked towards the door, a bucket of water spilled onto them, but not the floor. The water streamed towards the outside's sewage. Both Spade and Dump are wet.

"Joker!!!" Joker laughed at it. He knew what's coming so why not? Spade dried himself and got a spare towel for his brother. Dump was curious.

"Why did the floor wasn't wet?" He asked. Joker took out some of his candles. Wax.

"Waterproof floor, isn't that awesome?" He said and laughed. Dump sighed.

"I hope you'll clean it up afterwards." He said. Joker smiled and nod.

"No worries I will." He said and left the store for closing. He walked towards Hachi's house and told him about the invitation to Akai's house. Hachi smiled.

"Really, Joker? We can?" He asked. Joker nod.

"Okay then. Can we go now?" Hachi asked. Joker smiled.

"Sure, let's go." They both walked towards Akai's house. Looks pretty fine. He knocked on the door.

"Ah, Joker you're here!" Akai's voice welcomed them both as he opened the door. As Joker and Hachi walked inside, Akai looked both ways, making sure no one is there before closing the door.

"Why did you do that, Akai?" Joker asked as he sat down on the couch. Akai sighed.

"It's just that I've been feeling someone is out there, trying to either came to get you or me. I don't know why they would want you, but they probably want me because I looked like a mythcal Phoenix would." He explained as he pour in some orange juice for Hachi to drink. Joker went in fear.

"Really? I guess I wasn't being careful enough." He said. Akai felt pity so he hugged Joker tightly.

"It's okay, Joker. I'm here to protect you. Promise." He said lovingly, as if he is really honest with his words. Joker blushed at the thought as he hugged him back, accidentally made Hachi smiled in a fangirling way.

"So are you guys together?" He asked. Akai and Joker blushed before turning their heads away, nope they're not. Not yet that is.

"Anyway, I need some help finding a few stuff in the family attic. Ever since my family died I took care of this house. As I cleaned things out I found this note." He took out a note from his family photo.

In the attic will reveal the unspoken truth.

"I don't know what it mean much but I thought the attic might reveal a few things. I need some help finding it though." He said. Joker and Hachi smiled.

"Sure we can. When can we start?" Joker asked. Hachi is already prepared with feather dusters and cleaning cloths. Why? He likes cleaning. Akai smiled.

"Now."