All he had to do was win

A/N: Woah, it's been a week and it's nealy over! This is what happens when you get a little obsessed over an idea XD. I'm also kind of scared of how many words this story is...

***

When Itona opened the front door to the wall apartment he was eating peanut butter from a jar. He looked Gakushuu up and down before resting his gaze on his face; blank expression unchanging.

The two stared at each other for a solid minute while Gakushuu resisted the urge to shift on the spot. "...If I'm inconveniencing you, I can leave." He held his head high. "I have found myself in a situation—"

"I'm not sharing a Futon." Itona rolled his eyes and stepped aside to let him in. "You're going to have to sleep on the floor."

Gakushuu was caught off guard. "...I see."

Itona rolled his eyes and walked inside. "You're letting the heat out."

Gakushuu was surprised slightly but then quickly went inside.

Itona's apartment was bare, and all one-room, not counting the toilet and washroom which were separate. The living room and sleeping area were all in one with Itona's futon and frightening supply of dried noodles and snack piled up in crates.

But while it wasn't exactly the luxury he'd grown accustomed too, Itona did live alone, which meant fewer questions and the Principal was less likely to find him.

Out of his classmates, Itona was the most preferable company he would choose as a 'roommate', he was reserved and entertaining in his sharp remarked.

"Here." Itona tossed him a first aid kit.

Gakushuu caught it and absently touched the mark on his cheek. "...Thank you."

Itona hummed, eating some more peanut butter as he sat down on the futon. "...Does he know you left?"

"Not yet." Gakushuu took out a large bandage and some disinfectant for the cut. The damaged cheek was swelling up again, feeling uncomfortable. "I won't stay long—"

"Just shut up." Itona rolled his eyes, shaking his head as he tossed a cushion over. "You're still sleeping on the floor though."

***

Gakushuu sighed as he ate some instant noodles for breakfast, already dressed or school while Itona was still showering in the washroom.

His classmate didn't get up late, but it was still later than he was used to. The apartment was also messier than what he was used to since Itona was slack on the dusting and making sure the windows were crystal clear.

Normally Ren would have been his first choice to live with, but since that was no longer an option right now...

Something painful nipped in his stomach.

Would Ren even still be his friend after all of this? Or was whatever the Principal had done become permanent?

Gakushuu dug his chopsticks into the noodles broodingly.

He checked his burner phone, wondering how the Principal had reacted to him leaving... his stomach twisted. Maybe he should have left a note, a way to explain his actions.

Running away was a coward's route, his father had reiterated that well enough over the years. A leader who couldn't fight their battles and stand their ground was weak.

Gakushuu grimaced, gripping his phone tight. He'd only planned to do this in an emergency, and he did only have enough cash to last him for 6 weeks.