The Family's Light || Ch. 1

Here's chapter 1 of Daughter Of The Vampire King, enjoy!!

Yui was sitting at her desk sighing, she had forgotten to finish a science assignment and now she was working in the middle of the day exhausted.

(Remember vampires are nocturnal)

"Damn, my neck is aching..."
Yui muttered rubbing her neck gently letting out a loud sigh. She looked back down at her assignment with a confused expression. She knew the subject perfectly, but she was so tired she couldn't keep her eyes open and her brain wasn't working well either.

Just when she was about to give up she felt a pair of big cold hands start to massage her shoulders and the back of her neck.

She smiled knowing exactly who the soft touch belonged to, she turned her head to see Reiji looking down at her calmly, but she caught a glimpse of slight worry in his eyes.

"Reiji what are you doing awake at this hour? You're supposed to be in bed"
Yui asked as she continued finishing up her assignment.

"I should be asking you the same thing...I simply felt thirsty so I went to get a glass of water but I saw that your lamp was on...What exactly are you working on?"
Reiji also asked raising a brow as he bent down to see her assignment.

"Honestly dear sister... You're working yourself to death on something as unimportant as this?"
Reiji asked frowning as he continued to massage Yui's shoulders.

Yui rolled her eyes
"Yes well as unimportant as it is it's homework that's due tomorrow..."
Yui sated as she turned to face Reiji once again.

"Homework? The things that teachers give you because they suspect that you have nothing else to do with your life?"
Reiji said sarcastically.

Yui sighed loudly and stood up holding Reiji's hands in her own
"Listen, I understand that you're worrying about me...I find it cute, but don't forget that I'm older...I can bear staying up for the day, you on the other hand need sleep...Come along now..."
Yui commanded dragging Reiji to his room.

"Dearest sister, please do refrain from talking to me in such a way... Remember I am not a child anymore..."
Reiji states as he sits down on his bed.

"I remember thank you very much... However in my eyes, you are and always will be my adorable baby brother~"
Yui cooed as she pinched Reiji's cheek making his cheeks flush pink and his face heat up.

Yui giggled and gently pushed Reiji down laying on his back and pulled the blanket on top of him. During all this, Reiji's face was radiating heat, he was so embarrassed that he was being treated like a child, yet he said nothing.

Yui ruffled his hair and softly kissed his forehead whispering quietly
"Goodnight my darling..."

She then started to walk away but Reiji quickly grabbed her wrist making her turn to him confused.

"Reiji, is something the matter?"
Yui asked coming back to the bed and sitting down.

"....I..I want you to sing me a song before I go to bed...Then you may leave..."
Reiji mutters under his breathe still feeling embarrassed.

This made Yui grin and chuckle
"You mean a lullaby Jiji-chan?~"
Yui asked smirking.

"Absolutely not! Lullabies are for children, I am simply in the mood to hear your angelic voice is all..."
Reiji 'corrected' avoiding eye contact with his big sister.

Yui rolled her eyes and scooched closer to Reiji and let him lay his head on her lap.

"Alright then...As you wish..."
Yui whispers running her fingers through Reiji's hair and she began to sing.