Greater Power Pt. 1

Bodega Bandit: That's right, you know the drill. Your corn dogs or your life.

The "robber" held out the corn dog he was holding as if it was a weapon. The dog in his other hand, matching mask and hat, barked as well. The clerk just sighed as he lowered his head.

Clerk: Bodega Bandit. You really are the worst.

The Bodega Bandit placed his dog on the ground and gave him the corn dog.

Bodega Bandit: Good work, Bandito. Now make sure the coast is clear.

The dog barked and walked off with the corndog. He made it outside of the store and sat down as he ate the corn dog.

Clerk: Time and again you rob me, Bandit. Tima and again you're caught. Often I ask myself how you get free.

Bndito suddenly heard a low hissing sound from the sewers below. The metal grate began to move as a monstrous hand reached out.

Clerk: But, I suppose....

From the dark depths, came a large human like lizard. It's mouth began to drool at the sight of the dog. It slowly began to move closer.

Clerk: Desire is a prison of it's own.

Bandito tried to bark to alert his owner, but it never got a sound out.

The Astonishing
SPIDER-MAN
-----------------

It was morning time in the new apartment Betty Brant and Gwen Stacy got together. Three girls living in one apartment was cramped. No fourth girl was going to stay there. Instead, Betty suggested that she and Gwen become roommates. That won't make anything weird.

Speaking of Gwen Stacy, she was asleep on the couch surrounded by unpacked boxes with Murder Face asleep on her face.

The morning peace was soon interrupted by the buzzing of a phone somewhere in the room.

Gwen: But mom...I don't wanna change...I wanna wear...pizzas to school....

The buzzing got louder and Gwen's eyes shot open when she realized why. She shot up, sending the poor cat flying across the room, as she leaped to her feet.

Late. She slept in her work clothes and she's still so late. Typical Stacy luck. As she rushed around the room, Gwen heard her new roommate groan.

Betty: You'll never make it. Trains are running on weekend schedule. Call in sick, Gwen.

Gwen: Can't! Won't! Gotta make it, Betty! It's my first day!

Indeed. Today was the first day of Gwen's new job at the Dollar Dog. She needed to start making money now that George was still trying to gather everything up after Vulture's attack. You were in the same boat right now but, we're not on your right now.

Gwen ended up running up the stairs instead of down. Now in her Spider-Woman costume, she ran full sprint towards the edge of the roof. She leaped off and hit her web shooters.

Nothing happened.

Gwen: No! Why? Why why why?!

She freefell toward the ground but she used her agility to land on lower rooftops. She leaped around before she was ontop of a car.

Gwen: Why, web shooters?! Why today?! Rrrgh! Are the nozzles all boogered up with the web fluid? It's only been like a month since I used these stupid...ugh! Ms. Van Dyne did not tell me I had to clean...