4.

___________________________

You say that since I was three
_______________

The bell test wasn't really that difficult. Probably because that was actually a teamwork test.
Also, having a poltergeist take the bell for you was probably cheating, but that was another story.
When Kakashi asked her she just gave him some bullshit excuse like chakra strings which didn't quiet convince him, but she wasn't going to find something believable. She learned that a lame excuse was more powerful than a planned one.

What really felt strange to her was now having a framed picture on her nightstand.
It was the only one in the whole house. The rest of them were burnt.
She sighed, but stood up, walking lazily towards the bathroom.
She didn't like taking photos, mostly because her family couldn't be there.
Once she finished her business, she changed clothes and put on her goggles, ready for another tiring and stupid day.

Shisui was in the living room, dozing off on the couch. Well, what seemed like dozing off.
He was sprawled - eyes closed - and he was humming a little tune. Something she never heard from him.
While she ate breakfast, he got up and flew near her.

-Are you ok, Chibi? You moved a lot in your sleep tonight.
She nodded silently, but stopped mid-air with the spoon.
She let her hand down and stared intensely at the cup of cereals before her.
At this point Shisui knew that something was off.
He looked around, seeing no sign of Kushina.
She was usually the one to take care of this. He was good with people - he even convinced Itachi to come out of his little shell - but Yūrei was another story. He couldn't quite find the words to comfort a particular girl like her.

-Shisui.
Her gentle, low voice broke the silence, but she didn't dare to look up from her bowl.
-Do you think my parents went away for good?
He froze.
She never really talked much about her parents - which left before he could know Yūrei - but he knew the background. Some people shouldn't be allowed to be parents and Yūrei's were that kind.
They left the little kid alone when she was six and never came back.
And what in the world made her think about it?!

Yūrei wouldn't let it see, but that loss was some real trauma she still needed to surpass.
Shisui hugged her from behind, knowing full well she didn't mind the cold if it was him.
-I don't think they hated you if that's what you were wondering.
She bit her lip. Even if he didn't see it, Shisui was always able to read her and she wasn't sure if being happy that she could count on him like he was her brother or if she needed to worry.

-But I think they were stupid assholes. That I can't deny.
She let a little smile spread on her face, making Shisui wonder if he really managed to comfort her or if it was just one of her bittersweat smiles.
-You may be right, Shisui. I'm glad I have you and the other, even if they come less frequently.
Shisui smiled and ruffled her hair, gaining a pout from Yūrei, followed by her beautiful smile.
-Now eat Chibi or you're going to arrive later than Kakashi.

As expected, when she arrived Kakashi was no where in sight. At least her teammates were there, waiting for the last two of the team.
She smiled and waved at them, jogging until she was in front of them.
-Good morning Uchiha-san, Uzumaki-san.
Both of them shivered at her formalities and soon corrected her.
-Please call me Naruto, I'm no old man.
-I also have to ask you to call me by my name, but if it's strange to you, you could add San or kun.
She nodded and smiled brightly. The tension leaving her shoulders.
She was raised to always be polite and kind. It was a bit difficult tho - with all the stupid bully she would encounter - so she finished with just being awkwardly polite. Which was already something, but it also gave people another reason to laugh at her.