Chapter 1: Starting Over Again

Monica's POV:

I'd put down the last box and would sit on the floor afterwards. I'd stretch my neck and my arms. I can feel the sweat rundown at my back, it's pretty hot today. I wonder if the air conditioner is working. I'd stare at the air conditioner up on the wall an I don't plan on opening it because I'm too lazy. I was tired from bringing all of these boxes inside the apartment that even my back is starting to hurt.

I quietly look around the room while sitting on the floor. Just looking at this room gave me hope to start over again. You see, my middle school years didn't go really well. I got expelled for not being a good student.

I cheated.

I vandalized.

I bullied some students.

I go to bars and drink alcohol.

I even almost killed a teacher back in my former school.

The people who looked up on me were disappointed of finding out the things that I have done. Maybe Ivan feels the same way too.

Just reflecting on my own actions made me hate myself. David had me lured to join the Crimson Moonlight, I even became the leader of it. If only I didn't join that stupid gang, then maybe I would not have transferred here to Seoul. Maybe I would have stayed there... stayed near Ivan.

I'd slap both my cheeks using my two hands to change the topic. Thinking of Ivan will only hinder me from reaching the moon. Move on, Monica! I'd grab my phone from my pocket, go to the gallery and would delete every single picture of him on my phone. I even changed my wallpaper because Ivan's face is on it. I have to forget him. I have to continue studying.

It felt better when I deleted every photo of Ivan in my phone. My heart became lighter. I got really excited now that I feel better. Just because I got expelled it doesn't mean it's over. I don't wait for hope because I know that hope is already on my hands, I just have to take action.

A new start is waiting for me... first day of high school. This has gotten me more and more excited.