Chapter 22A. Goa Diaries

“Amma what is this? You didn’t even call me to ask my whereabouts. Kal we were so tired to I just dropped a message but aap toh call kar lete" Nandini started immediately after calling her mother in the morning.

Actually, due to long journey, Nandini and Manik were so tired that after small walk on beach they just dropped themselves in the hotel room.

In case of Manik, at least Mukti called to asked about their journey but Nandini wondered how can her parents be so chilled out about all this. They didn’t even call after her one message on their watsapp.

“Arey bachha ek toh I know you are with Manik toh tum safe ho and uparse wahan gaye ho to enjoy karo na. Why you even want our disturbance in your time. See this is the time when you can bond and built strong relationship between each other. And tell me one thing generally children gets irritated due to extra nosy parents. You should be happy Nandu" her mother’s genuine explanation ended up with teasing tone and Nandini sighed.

“Aisa kuch nahi hai amma. I thought aap toh wapas se busy ho gaye honge kam me. I didn’t mean that way" Nandini tried explaining the situation but cut down by her mother.

“Its okay bachha you don’t have to explain. Waise I was anyways planning to call you in my lunch break but accha hua you only called. I wanted to tell you something important” Shailaja explained calmly but last statement kind of panicked Nandini.

“What happened amma? Anything serious? You and appa both are fine na" she almost screamed with which Manik’s grip on her waist got tighten.

Looking at Manik’s sleeping figure, she decided to move out of bed but he pulled her more and nuzzle his face in her neck. Nandini knew Manik was more tired due to continuous driving and she decided not to move and let him take the rest.

Suddenly her trance broke with her mother’s voice. “Nandu are you there? Cut toh nahi ho gaya call?”

“No no amma I am there. Bolo kya hua?” Nandini asked but her voice was depicting panic tone.

“Nothing is serious. I called your grandma and grandpa yesterday to inform about you and Manik and listen to the funny part" he mother continued and that tone made Nandini excited.

“What did they say? Aapne kya bola" Nandini asked excitedly.

“Your grandpa was very happy with the fact ki you are ready for marrige but granny wants to see the guy first" Shailaja started with her story and Nandini grew impatient.

“Then? Did you WhatsApp her Manik’s photograph?” Nandini asked anxiously.

“Wahi toh funny part hai. I share his photo and heard your grandma’s squeal. She was like ye toh Anurag hai. Ekdam hira chuna hamari Nandu ne. And she almost ran to her neighbor friend to show ke kaise her granddaughter has selected a duniya ka sabse best ladka. I must tell you Nandu this good boy image of Manik’s from his serial helped us a lot to convince out relatives. Teri granny ko itna khush toh maine Vishwas ke time pe bhi nahi dekha tha" her mother said and Nandini laughed loudly which broke Manik’s sleep.

“Baby why are you laughing so loudly. Ask Navya to not disturb us with her pjs?” Manik stated rubbing his eyes with his hand.

“Arey its amma Mani” Nandini whispered.

“Arey Nandu pehle kyun nahi bola Manik is sleeping. Badme I would have called.” Before Manik could speak further he heard Shailaja's scolding.

“Kya amma it’s okay na uth gaya toh kya badme bhi he can sleep. Aap na jabse son in law aya hai bahot partial ho gaye ho. Meri koi value hi nahi rahi" Nandini said with fake sad tone and rolled her eyes at giggling Manik.