Chapter 2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She actually was fairly excited for the new year, rumors were stirring in the train cart of her and her friends.

"Didn't you hear? Two other schools are gonna be with us this year!" Micheal corner exclaims, eating a chocolate frog Jean bought him when the trolly passed by.

"I hope they're nice, I don't want any more drama. I want a peaceful year where i can actually get decent grades" Jean grumbles

"Aren't ravenclaws supposed to be smart? I guess the sorting hat messed  up on you, Notts" a snotty voice interrupts the conversation.

Jean looks over to the door and sees none other than Draco Malfoy, smirking pridefully at the group of ravenclaws.

"Shut it malfoy. No one asked for your input" Cho Chang glares at the blonde boy.

"Oh wow I'm so scared. Anyways Notts, i missed you at the Ministry dinner party last week, oh wait? Your parents didn't invite you did they? Cause they're embarrassed their loser daughter isn't a slytherin" Dracos posse behind him all giggles at his comment.

Jean averts her eyes to her lap, staying silent, feeling her face grow red from embarrassment.

"That's it malfoy, leave before I force you" Micheal stands up, towering over the medium height slytherin boy.

"t'ch, whatever" Draco leaves and Micheal shuts the cabin door.

Luna Lovegood, who's been quiet the whole time, chimes in.

"You know that boy better be careful or the sprites are gonna get him"

"I just wish he would leave me alone....It's bad enough my parents don't like me, let alone getting made fun of at school.." Jean retorts, face still flushed from the insults said toward her.

"He obviously has nothing better to do with his life. What a loser" Cho Chang rolls her eyes. 

"Yeah you're right Cho" Micheal sits back down and goes back to eating snacks. 

"Yeah uh....Jean, do you wanna go to the trolley and get some more candy?" Cho looks at Jean and then to the door.

"but we already got som-" 

"PLEASE" Cho interrupts the girl in front of her 

"okay fine" 

Jean and Cho as well as one of their other friends walk up to the trolley, which was luckily standing in front of the Golden trios cabin. 

"anything from the trolley dears?" the old women working the trolley smiles kindly at the girls

"Two pumpkin pasties please" Cho replies, and locks eyes with a certain wizard. Jean giggles and elbows Cho in the stomach. Once the women gives Cho the pasties, the girls walk back to their cabin and sit down, wishing the train ride would go quicker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually the train ride ends and the students all head over to the school, piling into the dining hall. Dumbledore does his usual speech, and the first years get sorted into their house. Soon enough, the two schools arrive.

The boys gawked at the Beauxbaton girls, while the girls giggled at the Dumbstrang boys, especially Viktor Krum. Jean smiles at the atmosphere that was created in the dining hall. Even though people didn't know each other there was still a sense of community. 

"I'm disappointed that the minister made an age limit for the Goblet of Fire" Micheal complains while chewing on some food. 

"As if an idiot like you could win" Jean giggles

"pfft I totally could! I could beat Viktor Krum if I wanted too!" Micheal shouts, getting the attention of some HufflePuffs at another table 

"Bloody hell Micheal stop being so loud Viktor Krum  will hear you!" just as Cho chang said that, the group looks over at Viktor Krum, who seemed to be devouring an entire cooked turkey. Jean shudders and goes back to eating, casually listening to whatever her friends were ranting about

Soon enough, everyone digs into the feast before them, once Jean finishes eating, she decides she would get some early shut eye, being sleep deprived from her busy schedule today.

"Hey Luna, I'll see you in our room, I'm gonna get some extra sleep tonight, goodnight" Luna nods while eating chocolate pudding, and Jean gets up leaving the dining hall.

See, being the person who was always where she shouldn't had advantages, like knowing the drama and being in the loop. Sure it freaked her out knowing there was an evil wizard trying to kill muggles, but it could be worse, right?

She could be back home with her parents who wished she was never born. This was way better than being home. Having good direction was one of her skills, she could easily get around the magical school known as Hogwarts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While walking down one of the halls, she hears two voices.

"Bloody hell George, did you really forget the puking pastille? How are we gonna prank Snape now??"

"Geez Freddie we can prank him another time! Stop yelling at me!"

Jean turns the corner and sees two tall gingers, both almost identical.

"Well how can I not when you're such an airhea-- oh....hello" One of the gingers that she assumes is Fred notices her standing there.

"Hi...sorry to bother you i was just going to my dorm i...." Jean smiles politely

"Hello there love, I'm George Weasley, and this is Fred"

"I know who you are....you guys are kinda famous"

Now, it was true saying that the Weasley's were indeed famous for being quite a large family, but Fred and George were famous at Hogwarts as the best beaters that the Gryffindor team has had in a long time, as well as being top tier prankers. She could always tell the two apart, for George had a little mole on his neck and Fred didn't. Sure they were great athletes, but they were also undeniably handsome. (more Fred then George though, in Jean's opinion which Cho didn't agree with).

The twins smirk at the word famous, loving the flattery.

"And who might you be?" George wraps an arm around her

"Jean...Nott nice to finally meet you two" she looks at what they were holding 

"Were you two planning on pranking Professor Snape...?" Fred and George look at eachother, slightly panicked....

"What.....no..never..." Fred tries to sound convincing

"It's okay...I won't snitch on you guy's. I think all your pranks are fun, i should get going but i'll see you around" Jean waves goodbye at the two and walks away

"I like that one, she's interesting," George snorts, going back to looking through his bag for puking pastilles. Fred stares curiously at the girl walking away. 

"yea...she sure is.."