14

Cali

It was Hunter's birthday, kind of a lame one, but still she loved having her birthday in the summer. Her brother and his new girlfriend came over but it was summer and a lot of our other friends were on cruises or whatever.

I felt bad for her, especially earlier this month, I bought a lot for her so it kind of made up for it but I still felt bad, so did her parents so they bought her a lot of stuff as well... so Yeah.

I knocked on the door hard. Well as hard as I could seeing that I was holding a lot of gifts...

Hunter answered the door and squealed. I knew she probably knew most of the gifts I was giving her... but there were two gifts, her parents approved of, that I was excited to give her.

After a few hours of talking and catching up with her brother and a few other relatives that came to the party it was time for gifts. She opened the ones from her relatives first.

She got some new earrings and a new brush, she also got a jewelry making kit, which we were both excited for. She got a membership to a pool, and a few gift cards. Nothing too exciting. Next she opened a few gifts from friends before they left on vacation or whatever they were doing.

Next her parents gave her a few of her favorite things, chocolate milk, nutella and cream cheese and bagels. Then it was time for me to give her a few of my gifts.

She tore open seven boxes. One had her favorite perfume coconut lime breeze, and a freshwater for men lotion. She opened the scrunchies I got her from American Eagle. She opened the candle, a fall scented one, waffles I think, and a gift card for bath and body works, only two more gifts and then I would take a break while her parents gave her stuff, I this time would have more gifts for her then her parents. It was only because I had $2,000... she opened the black overalls that were shorts, then she opened the jamba juice gift card. I knew she didn't know I got her that. I looked at the card she gave me. darn, she guessed all the rest of the things.

We had this competition that we would try to guess what we had given each other for birthdays, she always won.

Her parents got her a few clothes and some money, then it was my turn again. She opened mom jeans that were charcoal grey, acid wash ones that had a lot of holes in them and then some that were like a grey blue jeggings, and she opened the belt and sweats that I had gotten her from Brandy Melivle.

She opened a few more from her parents and then she opened the vans from me. A pair I had costomly made for her, Pale Pink and Black sk8 ones with little alligators on them, and Tom Holland ones she had made and sent pictures to me, she never bought them so I did. She opened a few more from her parents and then she opened the tube tops I bought for her.

I had found some cute tube tops for her but right when I was going to check out I found four tube tops in there. There were the ones I put in there and some other ones, I knew she liked those ones better, I knew she had put them in my bag. She was good, a little too good.

She opened a few more from her parents and then my turn again. I got her a few things online so I knew she wasn't expecting these, I got her a few pineapple decorations. a few posters and stickers and a skateboard. This was a good one. It was max's skateboard from stranger things. And of course she loved it.

Her parents gave her a few more things and then it was time for me to give her the two big things. I took a deep breath and I stood up and ran into the living room. I reached under the couch and pulled up a box. I reached into my pocket making sure the present was still there.

I walked back in and sat down. I set the box down on the table and watched as she started to unwrap it. She pulled off the wrapping paper and stared at me with confusion in her eyes. I smiled. She pulled the lid off. She gasped. I smiled even bigger. She reached in still looking shocked as ever and pulled out the cutest kitten anyone had ever seen.

Of course Hunter named the cat after a dead superhero.Sorry that sounds bad, she loved that superhero so she named the kitten after the superhero. Natasha Romanoff. It was so cute the kitten, and the name suited it very well. It was kind of a tortoiseshell, It had grey and black and a little bit of orange.

I smiled and gave her my last gift, she smiled and read out the clue to the scavenger hunt.