31

Hunter

I left my house hoping that Cali wouldn't find me. I knew this was irrational, but I knew I needed to face her so I called her.

"I'm at the park a block away from the house."I said, then I hung up. I waited for her to pick me up. When she came she got out of the car and came in for a hug, I kept my hands in my pockets and backed away. She stopped looking hurt, but I didn't care.

"I need you to do one thing for me,"I said.

"Okay. what is it?" She asked.

"You need to promise that you will do the thing for me first."I said.

"Okay, I promise unless it involves me hurting you or allowing you to hurt yourself." she said looking worried.

"I promise it's not that, It involves you leaving me alone. I don't want to see you anymore, you used to be my best friend, and then you betrayed me, you left to be with him."I said tears filling my eyes, I pointed at Daniel who was at her side now.

"You need to calm down." Daniel said.

"No, you need to leave, NOW!" I yelled. I glared at Cali, and it worked. She got what I was saying. She backed off. Later when they finally left I waited in that park for a few more minutes thinking. Then I went back home. I shut the door to my room and sat on the bed. Natasha came and sat on my lap. She was the only thing I kept that Cali gave me. I sighed and petted her. I sighed and thought.

I needed to see an old friend. I left the room and went into my garage, I stood in there for a few minutes inhaling the air, I loved the smell of my garage. I Smiled and grabbed a scooter. I opened the garage, I ignored Cali's car across the street and scotterd, I went through some shortcuts making sure that Cali couldn't follow me. Then I went down one of the most familiar paths in the world. I closed my eyes for a second while I listened to the scooter.

I stopped at the memorial. I smiled and dropped a rose petal on it. I sighed and closed my eyes. I jumped when I heard her breathing. I turned around and smiled really big.

"Sydney!"I cried, Hugging her.

It had only been like a day since I had seen her but I needed her right now.

"How are you?"I said.

"Good, what are you doing at Dusty memorial? And Why did you call me by my code name Taylor?" She said using the code name we had come up with years ago. Me and "Sydney" were old childhood friends, an older friendship than me and Cali. I sighed and launched into the story.

"Oh, wow that's a good reason to come here."she said.

"What are you doing here?"I asked,

"Oh, Alie called." she said.

"Oh, I don't see why your sister calling is a good reason to come here..."I said.

"She was just saying that she thinks that she won't make it this summer for the sister bonding time."she said.

"Oh, I'm sorry, will she make it for the "Seasons" meeting?"I asked laughing at the name.

"Yeah, I think she doesn't want to miss it, or the Palm Tree Village recording. And speaking of, could you help me with my solo?"she asked.

"Of course this is just what I needed." I said contently.