ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ

How long will I be here? I question myself yet again as I pace around the room. Is someone coming for me?

My question is answered almost right away as Liam opens the door to find me pacing.

"Uhm... Candy corn, are you alright?" He asks, walking in.

"I am now you're here!"

"Heh." Is all he manages to get out while he grabs his bracelets from the chair he sat in. Before either of us can exit, he shuts the door. "Hey, Y/n... I need to ask you something that's been on my mind recently."

"Of course, what is it?"

"Well, " He pauses, sitting down. "How do I explain this... Uhm, you know how long we've been friends, right?"

"Why wouldn't I? Of course I do, exactly seven years ago, I was in seventh grade, you were in eighth." The seat is cold as my body sits down. I look over to Liam, his nervousness clearly shows. "Hey, whatever it is, you can trust me and I won't think of you any different."

He smirks, looking over to me. "Do you know how long I've wanted to go on a date with you?"

"Wait... What?" I furrow my brow in confusion. Liam had feelings for me? Since when? Also, what gave him the courage to tell me now?

"All nine years."

"Liam Peter Smith, are you saying that you have had a crush on me since high school and you're telling me now?"

"Sorta. I've always hinted at it but you never caught on. So saying that, do you maybe want to-"

"Go on a date?"

"Precisely."

I think for a minute. What if it doesn't work out and it ruins our friendship? He is cute and to be completely honest, I had a little crush on him when we first met. It might damage my life even more. What do I have to lose though?... My whole friendship, that's what. Okay just tell him that your friendship means more than a-

"A date sounds nice Liam."

Why must I always speak without finishing my thoughts?

"Really? For some reason, I thought you'd say no. Anyways, tonight?" He giggles, clapping his hands.

"Tonight?? Isn't it already like, five? Also, random thought but what happened to that guy who slipped you his number at the diner?"

"Okay well, number one, I'll convince Henry to let you off early so you can go get dressed and I'll pick you up and we'll go to the cafe next to our old high school at eight and number two, he uh, was a prostitute." He shrugs, leaving me to think.

Great! Why did I say yes? I should've said no. This is nerve wrecking, I never thought I would date Liam of all people!

I exit the room, catching Micheal walking in. Finally, someone who keeps me sane.

"Micheal, hey bud." I smile, walking to him.

"Hey dork," He removes the foxy mask he now always wears, holding a big smile on his face. He seems better than the other night.

"What happened the other night? You weren't acting like yourself." I ask, placing my hands into my pockets.

"I guess I just wasn't feeling like myself."

"Oh, well don't float away from me like that again, you and Chris are the only people keeping me from murdering your father." Chuckling, we walk backstage and enter the silent room. Both of our smiles turn to frowns as William sits there, yet again adjusting his spring head. The door shuts, grabbing Williams attention.