12 -

Dowoon dodges and catches the bone. "Ha!"
"You're lucky." She pulls herself up. "Get up and clean this up with me."
"We really do seem like a married-"
She shoots her eyes at him and he zips his lips.

They sit right next to each other on the sofa to chill after eating. "I asked if you like candy." Dowoon starts talking.
"I do. Do you?"
"I do. I like anything that's sweet." He takes out a variety of fruit candies from his pocket. "There's only one lollipop. Do you want it?"
"Yes!"
"Same."
"Then why'd you ask." She rolls her eyes.
"We can share."
"It's already so small."
"Ok you can have it."
"Yay." She unwraps it and pops it into her mouth.
Dowoon waits for it to get tiny and for her to break it off the stick because speaking. "Let me have some, you can break it in half."
"It's almost gone."
"It doesn't matter."
"It's already in my mouth"
"Exactly."
He says before turning her head to him. He kisses her and moves the candy into his mouth.
"Yah!!"
"Alright I'll give it back." He says as if that's the point. He holds her face again and kisses her; he doesn't transfer the candy this time. He just deepens the kiss and keeps going. He disconnects their lips and smiles. "It's sweet."
Dahyun can't even yell. She just stares wondering what to do with him.

"Let's watch a horror movie."
"Not again."

"It's time to sleep." Dowoon gets the remote and turns off the tv.
"I didn't know we have bed time now."
"I don't see the point in doing this when you're scared majority of the time."
"I'm not sleepy."
"I have class early tomorrow so I have to go to bed."
"That's your problem."
He twitches his lips, knowing damn well she's afraid to stay alone. "Ok. Have fun staying here by yourself, I'm going in."
He turns the tv back on and heads for the room.

"Wait for me. Wait for me." She jumps up and runs after him into the room.
"You forgot to turn it off."
She jumps on his back. "Go with me."
"You're scared?"
She nods, and digs her head in his shoulder.
"You're so cute." He drags his feet to the living room and turns off the tv, with Dahyun still on his back.

"I can't sleep."
Dowoon sighs. "Maybe if we turn off the lights-"
"Shhh."
"You're afraid the scary man is gonna get you?"
"Stop making fun of me." She pouts.
He turns the light off and gets back in bed.

"Why'd you keep clinging onto me?"
"Because I'm really touchy and I like holding people."
"No, it's because you're scared."
"I'm not."
Dowoon finds her hand and intertwines his fingers with hers. It gets silent and hot. Her heart is racing, so is his.
She slides away from him and places pillows between them. He wants to complain but if he moves even a bit, he won't be able to control himself any longer.

The next morning,
Dowoon is running late for class. He quietly gets out of bed and goes to the kitchen.

He hears Dahyun's raspy voice behind him.

She drags her feet to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She can barely keep her eyes open. As she gaggles and spits for the last time, Dowoon stands by the door waiting for her. She rubs the liquid soap on her face and rinses it off then he hands her a face towel.

"I look bad, huh?" She asks while facing the mirror.
"No, you look really adorable struggling to keep your eyes open."
"I'm still so sleepy." She says and yawns as she applies some skincare products on her face.
He turns her around to face him and lifts her chin. Then he places a kiss on her lips. "This is to wake you up."