The Song Ends, But Our Story Continues

After the classes we walked back to the slytherin common room. I got startled when he held my hand. I blushed from his actions causing him to chuckle. That smug Malfoy.

We walked in and saw the least people I wanted to see right now. My parents.

"Mum, Dad, what are you doing here?" I asked clearly embarrassed that they had to show up in the common room.

"Oh sweetie we couldn't find you anywhere so we asked your housemates."

"Um, can we go talk in private?" I obviously don't want my housemates hearing what they have to say.

We went outside and sat to a nearest bench at the hallway. Every step makes my heart race I know they brought nothing but bad news.

"So honey I'm sure you have read the letter your mum sent to you and you have an idea of what's happening." My father spoke.

I gave them a slight nod. They looked at eachother contemplating whether to tell me more or not.

"Pansy, this can be hard for you but it's for the better. For me and your father."

"But can't there be another way? Why does it have to lead to divorce? Can't we still fix this?" Tears rolled down my cheeks as I said that.

My mother hugged me while my father rubbed my back trying to calm me down.

"I'm sorry Pansy it has to end this way but worry not, we will message you every week with our owl so please answer us back with yours."

They don't even know I don't like owls. I wanted a cat as my pet but I knew owls are more practical.

I've got a tight grip on reality
But I can't let go of what's in front of me here

They bid me goodbye and went on their way. I grabbed my mum's shirts but she took my hand off.

"Please don't leave me..." was the only words I could mutter from all these tears.

I look like a kindergartener begging my parents to not leave me. They vanished from my sight. They're gone, they're really gone. The pain stings my heart like a venom. And my eyes are so sore from crying.

I ran through the corridor crying, there weren't any students in the hallway since it was after class hours.

And at the end on the hallway I saw him. The rainbow in my storm.

I know your leaving in the morning, when you wake up
Leave me with some kind of proof it's not a dream, oh

We were fifteen meters away from eachother but enough to see his smile. The sunset's shine landed on our face. I ran to him and hugged him. He hugged me back causing me to cry more but this time it was tears of happiness knowing that someone cares for me.

You are, the only exception

He grabbed my chin and made my eyes confront his gaze.

You are, the only exception

He wiped of my tears using his right hand while his left hand still hugged me.

You are, the only exception

He kissed my forehead while I closed my eyes to let the final tears flow.

You are, the only exception

He gave me the smile that would make anyone melt. Including me.

And I'm on my way to believing
Oh, and I'm on my way to believing.

I'm starting to believe in love. All those years I thought what I felt for him was only admiration but I guess not.

I've always listened to what my brain says
Rather than my heart desires,

But, you are, the only exception.