~Chapter 4~

(Eevee's POV)

        I woke up to the sun blaring through the windows. I looked up to see I was in a Pokemon Center, laying on a bed. Across the room, I could see Pikachu sleeping soundly. I sighed. At least he's ok.

        "Oh good, you're awake." I looked over and saw Serena smiling sweetly at me. I gave a weak smile back.

        "I hope Pikachu wakes up soon too." she said sadly. I wasn't sure at first why she was sad, but then I remembered. Of course. Ash.

        Ash ran off, and I should've known Serena would find out soon enough.

        "Sorry Serena..." I mumbled. Serena began stroking my head. "Hey, if you ever need help with something, tell me. Ok?" she said. I nodded. She was probably just making sure I knew to ask her before deciding on something. 

        I sighed. Pikachu was acting even more depressed than usual. I walked over to his bed and nudged him. He moved a little bit, but when he finally looked at me, his eyes looked dull. Empty. Emotionless.

        I was so worried for him and he had no idea. He didn't seem to be mad at me, which was a good thing. I decided to let him do what he wanted for a little bit Serena watched me leave the room, but she didn't try to stop me. I heard some talking in the lobby so I went over there.

        "I'm so glad you're alright!! I missed you so much, Greninja!" that sounded like Braixen! I ran into the room and was greeted by the two staring at me. "Hello, Eevee. Why are you here?" Braixen asked, looking at me skeptically. 

        I started sweating. "Ummm, well, I-I heard some noises and decided to go check it out?" The two looked at me. "I suppose that makes sense..." Greninja said weakly. "Oh! Greninja! Are you alright??" I asked worriedly. "I'm fine." he rasped.

        Braixen looked at him sadly. "He told me the bond between him and Ash hasn't been as strong... what if something happened?" I thought about that for a second. Could Ash be...? No, he couldn't be. He's Ash! He's always ok! But the thought haunted me, and I began to wonder if something did happen to Ash and he needed our help.

         "Do you think I should tell Pikac-" suddenly the TV started playing, cutting me off. "Breaking News! I deadly blizzard is going to be hitting Snowbell city very soon! Get inside while you can! The estimated height could be up to 15 feet! Stay inside!!!" 

         We all gasped, trying to remember if anyone was still outside. Suddenly Greninja flinched hard, and we all looked at him. "Greninja...?" Braixen asked, extremely worried. "I-It's Ash," he croaked. "I think the storm got him!" We all gasped. "I'll tell Serena!" Braixen said, rushing out of the room. 

         I knew I needed to help too, but I didn't know how. If Pikachu knew his trainer was in danger, I'm sure he'd want to help right away. But he's in terrible condition right now, physically and mentally, which mean I'll have to do something about it. I'm doing this for not only Ash, but for Pikachu too.

         "Greninja, I'm going to find Ash." I said. He looked shocked at this. "I'm sorry, I think it's too dangero-" "NO!" I said, interrupting him. "I've got a shot at this! Just let me help!" I said. He sighed. "I guess I can't stop you. But be careful. I've heard that many Pokemon freeze out in blizzards."

I nodded my head. "I'm going out there." I said, then walked out the door.

Biggest mistake of my life.

(AN: Oh no, how will Pikachu react to this? Find out next chapter! Btw, I've decided to make this 6 or 7 chapters, soooo. Yay? CYA!)

     ~Orange Cat

(PS: Sorry for really short chapter!! Just here to build some climax :3)