chapter one

here we go again. ethan cheated on me with his receptionist, again. you think i would've learnt by now, stop going for the douches y/n. i've said that for the past 5 years, since the start of high school i've always been drawn to them, even at this big age of 22 i'm still going for them.
"ITS OVER!" i screamed at him and slammed the door in his face after he told me i'm incapable of loving anyone and getting into a serious relationship.

sorry that was abrupt, hi my name is y/n i'm 22 years old and i'm trying to become an author, crazy right? well i've already published a book before you might've heard it before: no love lost. it was a short novel but it still got published and with the money i made from that i managed to afford to live by myself in a little cottage in the little village i've always lived in, in the south of england.

i hate men, it's a week before christmas and i'm spending it all alone again, but i don't want it to be here. i go on to the website that i posted my cottage on a few months ago, when my friends said it was really fun and exciting, and see a message from a girl my age, Esther. "hi y/n i was wondering if we could swap houses over the holidays for a couple weeks i really need to get out of here!" 5 minutes ago... seems a little bit like fate to me. i reply instantly "of course! i was thinking the exact same thing, i really need to get away from this place for a little while." i press send and go to make myself another cup of tea and here a ding instantly. "perfect! is tomorrow too soon?" this girl is more eager than me.

"no tomorrow is perfect!" i send off the message and finish making my tea and go upstairs to pack my bag, off to LA tomorrow how exciting!