Begin

JUNGKOOK POV

I looked up, looked around me, not recognizing my surroundings. The sky was clear and  blue and I was is some kind of clearing.. Somehow, even if I didn't know where it was, it felt strangely familiar. The poppies in the soft grass, dotting the green landscape like patterns on a ladybug.
I inhaled as the soft wind slightly lifted my hair.
A frown formed between my brows as I heard a...bell?
No.. not a bell.. laughter.
I turned around, seeing a girl in a plain white ankle dress, waving at me.
She held onto the flower-crown with one hand, stopping the wind from sweeping the handmade accessory from the top of her hair. I felt like I knew this girl...
I couldn't control the returning smile as I waved back at the not-so-strange stranger.
She opens her mouth to speak and I yearn to hear the angelic voice pass over her lips..
Instead an unpleasant blearing filled my head.

Groaning I flop over to face my alarm, misjudging the distance and end up tumbling onto the floor.

"Ow.."

My hand reaches up, fumbling around on my bedside table before finally slapping down on the snooze button.

In the silence I  hear the tinkling laughter again.

I sit up straight, racking my brain and trying to remember the girl I dreamed about before the dream melts away like wasps of cotton candy on the tongue of a toddler.

My door burst open, yanking the dream from my memory violently.

"YAH! Did you only just wake up?! You're gonna be late for work AGAIN Jungkook! And I ain't pullin' strings for you this time!"

"Hyung, it's only si-"

Bread crumbs! It's past nine!
Mr Kang is going to kill me.

Y/N POV

My shoes are silent on the cobblestone as I make my way toward my future. My chest puffed out before my as I remember the receiving the phone call last night, the phonecall I've been waiting a lifetime for.

My carrier trails behind me, the only sound in the deserted street.
I breathe the air. I have to take a few last breaths of this country's oxygen, after all, I won't be returning for almost a year.

Finally, all I've studied and worked hard for is opening a way for me to pass through!

I round the corner of the shortcut I've been taking, saving in taxi money, to be met with the looming building of one of  the international airports of South Africa.

I went through all the procedures with ease and was still an hour early for my flight, which was due to leave at 7.

As I was standing looking at the departures, a little body collided with mine, almost making me spill my steaming hot beverage all over the small astroid. That astroid was a little blonde boy, with freckles and an adorable little nose.

"Woah there, lil Muffin! You might get hurt running around in an airport like that.", I said as I helped him regain his balance.

The boy stared at me with massive green eyes, silent. After about a minute of unbroken eye-contact, he tugged at my shirt, motioning me to bend down.

I did so, and he cupped his hand over his mouth and whispered into my ear.

"You can't find your Dad? Is that why you're running around like this?"

The boy nodded, looking around, about on the verge of tears, but keeping it in. How can I resist when a munchkin like this asks for help?

"What's your name honey?"
"Petrus."