Chapter 4: Training

Author's Corner/Note

Sorry for the lonnnggg wait, life's going pretty hard on me, I'm finally able to take a breather.

I know my writing isn't good, but bear with me here, I'm trying to improve. 

The story picks up pace after this chapter.

                                                       Training 

In complete, Izuku had plenty of fun during his training. Don't get him wrong, he never hated his training with All Might, in truth, he liked it a lot. But he never really loved it too much. 

Only meditations and spars were part of their first-month training. During their spars, Ash never went easy on Izuku, constantly pushing him to his limits as his wounds easily healed themselves, the benefit of being in the mindscape. 

Ash was not someone who, much like Aizawa, believed in brute force, believing in, effective and minimal gestures. He used his punches and finger flicks effectively, but he never used his legs. Izuku asked Ash why he never had his legs during one of their spars; his response was: 

"You are a hundred years too early and inexperienced to use my legs on." 

And well... Izuku decided he was going to make Ash use his legs.

Aizawa had taught him the same thing of course, but it was now cemented in his brain and instincts, the most important lesson he learned during the first month, to be 'effective'. Ash stressed, however, that it was necessary sometimes to use blunt force to induce a feeling of fear in your enemy and force them to submit without much effort.

They trained most of the time. Food and sleep were not needed because they were within his brain. It didn't mean that they had never taken breaks though. From time to time, they'll take breaks. Resting the body, meditating and normally talking. Izuku hated everyday conversation, however. During their talks, Ash always pulled a few bad puns and dad jokes. And the worst of them was this one time when after a long spar, he was immensely tired.

"Ash-san..*huff*... I'm tired."

"Oh! I thought you were Izuku. Well, whatever, Hi Tired! I'm Ash."

Izuku had looked at him in disbelief for far longer than he intended, that seriously was the worst joke ever pulled by someone. Ash had the decency to chuckle at his own joke and then rub his back sheepishly.

There was a more severe second month. He did most of the same exercises, only more fierce, that he did every day in the U.A. Their time to spar decreased and meditation time increased. Ash also taught him Combat Strategies during the second month, always bringing a book out of nowhere and said it was all thanks to Author-Kun. Izuku had by now learned to ignore whoever this 'Author-Kun' was.

The third month of training was less intense. He exercised less, meditated less and their spar time also reduced. Ash started teaching him 'Dragon Arts'. Izuku was very excited to learn the Martial Arts which lead Ash to become one of the strongest in the Multiverse.

Ash explained to Izuku, that 'Dragon Arts' was largely based on regular martial arts with a touch of regulating the breathing, emotions and internal energies, the reason why he meditated for the first 2 months and was now practising the most basic martial arts, after unlocking Izuku's energy and emotion paths that were 'twisted' as Ash put it.