Samie Bear

"And thus concludes the enigma of placing the 'x' in its rightful spot," the teacher proclaimed, marker in hand, triumphantly pointing to the solution on the whiteboard.

Internally sighing, I dutifully jotted down notes, grappling with the intricacies of algebra. "How much longer until lunch? I'm already running on fumes," I mused, stealing a glance at the clock. Sighing once more, I shifted my focus across the room until my eyes settled on him. There he was, occupying his usual window seat, right beside my partner in crime, Tyler.

Our eyes met briefly before the bell mercifully rang, breaking our silent connection. I gathered my books, stashed them in my bag, and navigated the maze of students toward the exit. Amidst the departing crowd, Tyler's voice cut through.

"Hey, Sam! Hold up," he called, navigating through the students as he jogged towards me. His progress, however, was thwarted by none other than the resident cheer captain.

"Hey, Tyler," she purred, tracing his bicep with nails that looked more lethal than affectionate. Rolling his eyes, Tyler mumbled a curt 'Hey' and attempted to sidestep her, to no avail.

"Need anything, Caroline?" he asked, irritation evident in his voice.

"I was thinking you might want a change. Join me and Georgia for lunch this time," she suggested, batting her eyelashes. "Sorry, sweetheart, but my lunch dates are reserved for this girl and outdoors," Tyler shot back, casting a mischievous grin my way. I chuckled, signaling him to hurry.

"Caroline, got everything off your chest? I've got places to be," he said, shooting her an annoyed look.

"You know where to find me if you change your mind," she purred, biting her lip provocatively before gliding out of the class, not without purposefully bumping into me.

Tyler sidled up to me with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, Samiebear. I did my best to escape her clutches," he said, slinging an arm around my shoulder. I laughed, shaking my head.

"It's all good, Ty. I get it," I replied, smiling as we strolled out of class.

Tyler and I were tighter than a double knot, thanks to our moms who were inseparable until a tragic car crash claimed their lives. Since then, we'd been inseparable.

Enough about me rambling; let me introduce myself properly!

I'm Samantha Logan Fox, residing with my father and three older brothers.

Today marks my debut as a senior at Winters High.