Chapter 30

Rattooth marched into the clearing, head lifted proudly despite the mixed emotions inside of him. 

He had been relieved when Sootstar had allowed them to join CaveClan and fight Jayslash, but he'd been afraid by the crazed look in the toms eyes. And his statement. 

"I don't care what side any of you fight on. You're all traitors to me. I don't care who dies provided Jayslash goes down with them."

He pushed the memory into the back of his mind and focused on the enemies ahead.

 The combined forces of RainClan and SunClan had swarmed the rocks that the leaders used to address the clans. Gracestar and Dreamstar sat at the very top, their deputies on either side, while their warriors paced the limited space on top of the other rocks. They were ready for a fight. 

He caught sight of Thundereye, who stood on the edge of the group of JayClan cats that seemed to consist almost entirely of rouges. Eight in total, meaning an even fight for the two battalions. 

But the numbers could still change. . . 

He caught the tan tom's eye and flicked his tail to the empty space next to him, a clear gesture.

Thundereye gave a slight nod of his head, but didn't move. 

I'm getting mixed signals here friend he thought.

The tan tom widened his eyes and slid them towards a small tabby tom with a white tail tip and paws. He was standing next to two other rouges, one pale tan and silvery-white with a black tail tip. All three of them looked uncertain.

He narrowed his eyes at them. What was special about these three rouges? There were two others standing next to Burnfire, both looking eager to draw their opponents blood. Did he think they could be allies?

Thundereye tapped the silvery-white tom with his tail to get his attention and pointed with one paw at him. The rogue nodded and leaned over to whisper to his two friends. 

Now there were four pairs of eyes on him. It was uncomfortable. 

What were they thinking? And more importantly, what would they do?