VII.

-ROSIE-

"Because you wanna be friends with me?"

My heart sunk as if it has been tugged by something heavy, her words affected me deeply that I found myself biting my lower lip and blankly staring into the oblivion. I almost stumble one step down but good thing, I was quick enough to balance myself, otherwise me and the sleeping Bella on my back would have stumbled down and fall.

Snap out of it Chaeyoung!

I shook my head, composing myself and continued climbing down the stairs.

"Bella?" I hummed softly, exiting the building.

There was no response from her so I figured she must have been sleeping already, my poor Bella must be so tired from all the walking with her heels on.

"I'll drive you back to the hotel and let you rest, we can eat dinner together some other time." I whispered, delicately looping my arms on her legs for support.

"Lei sta dormendo?" The old man from the other side of the street yelled and I nodded my head.

"Sì."

"La tua ragazza è un angelo." The man said, adoringly smiling at the both of us and I can't help but smile.

"Sì, sono fortunato." I smiled, looking back at the sleeping angel.

"Very lucky." I muttered under my breath and held her closer to my back.

The sky has turned dark, and the once lively city turned into a quiet one, with lots of bright lights complementing the Italian architecture and giving it a major romantic vibes.

"If you were awake, you would love this." I whispered to her, walking along the almost empty streets.

"The lively atmosphere of Verona at daylight turns into a romantic haven at night, with the cold wind, the dark sky, the ancient architecture that you so loved, the people walking, and the small almost empty streets. I know you would just love it here." I continued, walking a slow pace to live and feel the moment.

"After all, you were that kind person. You live and breathe beauty, and I'm so amazed by it." I honestly admitted.

"I don't know if you've experienced any hardships in life the way some has felt, but I bet you do. After all, no person in the world is smart enough to avoid those, and if by chance you did experience being lost, and tired, and empty but at the end of the day still look at the world so positively, so beautifully, then I'm beyond amazed by you... The amount of courage you have for seeing the best things in life despite being constantly wrecked is massive."

"I'm proud of you, and I admire that of you." I hummed softly, walking blindly and just following where my feet lead us.

"Bella?" I softly called the name that I gave her. "I know it's too early, we've only met thrice and only been together twice, but there's something in you. I don't know what, and I can't explain why, but I think..."

"I think I'm having a little crush on you." I bit my lower lip afterward, smiling to myself and shaking my head like a teenager.

"I know, it's fast... but you're not mad at me right? I mean you can't blame me, you're gorgeous. Very... inside and out." I chuckled upon the realization that the only time I have the courage to confess to her is when she's not listening.

"You're brave and courageous while I'm a coward, always hiding all my life and eager for changes in the fear being stuck."

"I know if you're listening to me, you would have told me that I am courageous because I can adapt to changes while you hated it. You hated it because you wanted to stay in one place, in your own comfort, in your own happiness, that change will require you to find another comfort and create another happiness."