Chapter 18☁️-The Truth Comes Out

"You look beautiful."
"All thanks to you."
"You do it on your own, in expensive clothes or not."
"I've had a lot of fun with you today."
"Me too, thank you for everything so far."
"Who is it now?"
"Ah...just Changbin. I'll tell him I'm hanging out with Yeji."
"Your seats for you and the beautiful lady."
"What would you like to order today?"
"Maybe the Greek Ziti Pasta?"
"I'll have the same thing."
"Have you ever wanted to you know...live a different life? Like if you had choice to change your future would you?"
"It would depend on if my future is good or bad, but as of now no. I like the way things are going for me."
"I had that choice and I let it go. I'm starting to think I made the wrong decision."
"What do you mean?"
"It's...complicated."
"Here goes your bread and bottle of wine for the night. Your food should be ready in a moment."
"I never thought you would have agreed to come on a date like this with me."
"It was hard to say no after you bought me a very expensive dress and took me out for snow cones."

"I like you. I told you that before, but I really do. I want this to work out." He took your hand into his from across the table bringing it softly to his lips. It shot a tingle up your arm and even as he looked on at you with adoration the small pang of guilt still never disappeared.

"I...Hyunjin-" You began to start but stopped when your waiter brung out two heaping plates of hot pasta. The sight alone made your mouth water and your thoughts go flying out of the window.

"The Greek Ziti Pasta for you two." The waiter bowed politely and left you alone with your meals.

"Thank you." You both called after him but by then he was long gone.

The first bite of the pasta entered your mouth and it was like a crescendo of flavor had taken over your mouth. "Mhmm...this is so good!" You happily munched on the past with a new found vigor.

"You already know my taste in everything is good. Have you ever been to a Greek restaurant before?" Hyunjin's cocky tone was back but you were much used to it now.

"No, I haven't act...actually..." You trailed off when something outside of your window caught your eye. There on the street stood a guy with flowers. You couldn't make out his face but you assumed it was a random person here for a date jus fluke you and the other couples. Then he came closer and you saw the glint of cherry brown hair and a white flower in the window lights of the restaurant.

"Is everything okay?" Hyunjin too glanced out of the window when you began to blink rapidly but when you turned back the man was seemingly gone.

"I just thought I saw someone outside. They were just...staring at me." You stared out of the window at the now empty road buried in your wake of confusion. It couldn't have been him of all people? You refused to believe it.

Hyunjin kept his eyes on the street not seeing anything either and let it go. "I don't think it was anyone to worry about. Tonight's about you and I." He flashed you another smile but the tension from his shoulders never quite let up again the rest of the dinner.

"Yeah right. Just you and me." Your smile was a bit forced, so instead you took another bite of food and you two lapse into a silence of chewing.

"You have something there." Hyunjin interrupted a bit later and gestured towards the corner of your lip.

You reached for your napkin suddenly feeling the embarrassment from having food on your face. "Where? Here?"

"Come closer." He cooed leaning across the table with his napkin instead. You watched him bring the napkin closer until his lips replace the fine cloth. You melted into his touch until he pulled away with a soft smile.

"There." He let out an airy laugh that made your heart flutter. He sounded so happy, alive.

"Can't believe I fell for that." You laughed along with him, still consciously rubbing your face to make sure nothing was on it.