0:01

Sitting on top of an old bench, I waited for my mom. I am in the second grade and our apartment is far away from my school so I had to wait for my mom who fetches me at school three hours after our class is dismissed.

I understand her though. She has to work hard for her daughter and for herself. 

I looked around but it started to rain. I didn't try to look for a place to shelter. I stayed under the rain for the next two hours until my mom parked her car near where I was sitting.

I can see my mom walk towards me with an angry look on her face. She took me by the arm with a gray umbrella on the other hand.

She was yelling at me, telling me why did I stay under the rain. I did not answer her. I just stared at her as her brows furrowed. When she knew I wasn't going to speak, she dragged me to her car.

"Gemini, I know you're waiting for me but could you please take care of yourself? You'll catch a cold. Where's the towel?" She rummaged her bag for a towel and handed me one when she found it.

"I'm not always here to take care of you. Remember that." She said as she started the car. 

"No. But I will wait." That was all I said before I became dizzy. My vision started to blur and I can't see anything clearly. My head hurts and I feel something rough underneath my hands. I couldn't make out what it was. I was too dizzy to do anything.

I tried to scream but I can't hear my voice. My legs were too numb to run or even walk.

I closed my eyes. My head stopped throbbing but my ears were ringing. Then it stopped. I heard a coin drop.

I feel something beneath my foot. It started rising until it reached my ankle. It feels like water. But it smells different.

Then the texture changed. It felt slimy and slippery. The smell was so strong that my nose hurt.

Then it was gone. Everything. I heard laughter as I open my eyes.

A group of girls were looking at me. They wore shorts and tank tops. One girl popped her mouth open to chew a gum. She raised her brow at me and smirked.

I am seventeen years old and I am in highschool.

I wore very plain clothes. A simple shirt and faded jeans.

I began walking with books in one hand. One girl walked towards me. A few girls followed her. They all looked alike except for the color of their eyes.

They circled around me and I felt like I was trapped inside a box.

I closed my eyes again and when I opened it, I was in a small, dark room without windows or doors. There was a small light bulb just above me. I can't move, the walls started moving towards me.

But it stopped. Just when I was about to be crushed, it stopped. Then I felt I was being choked. It was so dark I can't see anything or who was grabbing me by the neck. 

After a few seconds, it let go. Then I felt something on my hand.

I was back in my room. It was dark but it had a familiar feeling to it. I was standing on a chair holding the end of a rope with the other end tied around my neck.