Chapter 1. Stark Expo

1942:

Diary entry No.1:

My Mother always told me to be careful who I'm trusting. I think about it a lot after she died a few month ago. Now Bucky is over protective and the annoying thing about this is that Steve want's to copy him. In three weeks I'm going to be fifteen but Bucky will not be here anymore. He will fight as a soldier and I am really proud of him that his dream came true.

"Hey Ruby! You ready for the Stark Expo?" Bucky asks and knocks on my door. " Yes, in a minute! And you know that I have a first name right?" I ask annoyed. "Oh really?" he teases. I rose from my chair and throw a dark brown coat over my dress. Then we go out of our flat to pick up Steve, he's like a second brother to me and we want to take him with us to the Stark Expo so he comes on other thoughts than to go with Bucky and fight with him as a soldier. 

On our way to his flat we hear a loud noise out of a side alley. We turn and are walking slowly to it  „I can do this all day" I hear and start laughing quietly just like Bucky but then he get's faster and punches a guy a head bigger than Steve right in the face. I walk fast to Steve who is laying in a corner on the ground and help him up. „You ok Steve?" I ask worriedly. „Yea sure, why not" he sais out of breath. „You'll never learn, will you?" I ask him with a smile. „I don't think so." Bucky interrupts with a sigh and hits him slightly on the back. And leads him out of the alley. 

„Er... Jasmin  what will you do when Bucky is away?" Steve asks after a few minutes. „ Well, I think I will sit on my bed the whole day and pray that he will not die!" I answer sarcastically. „ Ahahaha. Really funny Ruby!" Bucky throws in. „ What am I suppose to say then,hmm?   No I think I will search for a small job or something like this" I tell Steve. At this moment we cross the street and firework starts right behind the Expo. I was a few times there but today Howard Stark presents something.

We stop walking and see Stark on the stage in front of a red car. „Ladies and gentlemen, what if I told you in just a few short years you're automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all." He speaks. Everybody is amazed when Stark brings the car slowly off the ground with a lever. But then it crashes to the ground and he sais „ I said in a few years, didn't I?" And everyone applauds just like me, Bucky and Steve.

"Ruby, if you want you can go home or go around here. Steve and I want to drink something." Bucky offers me." Yea, I'm going home I am already a little tired! See you tomorrow then. But don't drink to much, ok?!" I tell him with a straight face. "Of course mum!" He laughs and goes to Steve.

On my way back home I am lost in my thoughts and accidentally bump into two men. "Watch out!" They say in a friendly tone. "Sorry!" I say a little confused with my look on the ground and keep walking. After a few seconds I turn around and they are right behind me and I am shocked for a moment because they are looking really strange. One is like six foot tall and his face is covered up with a black mask to his eyes and his right eye glows ice blue. The other guy looks exactly like him but the only difference is that his left eye glows. Then the one with the left glowing eye reaches out to hit me right in the face but I dodge and kick him in the stomach, he steps back in pain so the other guy takes his turn from behind and tries to choke me, however I get this moment to spin over him and bring him down. The other guy takes the time where I regenerate and hits me in my back. I cry out in pain and get another hit in my stomach. I'm lying on the ground curled up in pain my eyes closed. Then I feel somebody grab me by my waist and turns me over. I open my eyes slightly and see that it is the guy with the right eye glowing who now presses a white tissue on my mouth and nose. After a few seconds everything wents black.

Authors note:

I hope you liked the first chapter. I am not sure if it was too short. Please be nice  to me it's my first time that I write a story!